Windows 10: Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10

Discus and support Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Typically, in Windows 10, you can right-click on a printer and the context menu will provide you an option to set that printer as default. Some PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 10, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10

Typically, in Windows 10, you can right-click on a printer and the context menu will provide you an option to set that printer as default. Some PC users are reporting that this Set as default printer option is missing in Windows 10. This post provides the solution to this issue. Set as default printer option […]

This article Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 10, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Set Default Printer Option Missing in Windows 10

Typically, in Windows 10, you can right-click on a printer and then the context-menu will provide you an option to set that printer as default.

Today, one of my Active Directory users reported printing issues and that she could no longer set a printer as default.

Sure enough, whether I log in as admin or as her, the "set as default printer" option is now missing:

Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10 sbiqs.png

Notice that the option to "set printer as default" is missing from the context-menu in the screen-shot above.

Any advice?

LonnieBest, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10

1. Set as default printer Context Menu item is missing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set default printer

2. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  3. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  4. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  5. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  6. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  7. Get rid of duplicate context menu items for printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Get rid of duplicate context menu items for printer: I have 2 printers (HP & Epson) that are wirelessly connected to my Win10 computer. I had a problem with my HP printer, called HP support, who eventually fixed the problem of it not scanning. However, when they finished, my shortcut to the Epson printer looked like this:...
  8. A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing: Short version: Title Long version: Also title. And I checked inside Programs and Features to see if any programs did this. Only Adobe Flash Player + Firefox + Avast updating themselves, and I installed K-Lite and WinCDEmu. Pretty sure K-Lite was not the problem. WinCDEmu...
  9. Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Send to Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device,...
  10. Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create a new item in the current location. The default New context menu items include to...