set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

Discus and support set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnTravolski, Jun 9, 2018.

1. JohnTravolski Win User

Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor and I can't find any examples anywhere!

Thanks.

:)

JohnTravolski, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Guru Kiran G Win User

Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor [​IMG]

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

1. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor - Similar Threads - set AutoPlay defaults

2. Time Setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Time Setting: My time settings are not getting updated when I turn on the system. It is asking me to manually enter time or is asking me to press F1 to exit. When in time settings at start menu I am trying to update it is not getting done please do help....
  3. setting up a new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up a new pc: Setting up a new pc when i entered my account and password it just stays on the account tab saying just a moment. what can i do to move on setting up my PC?...
  4. I cannot change my default .jar program to java

I cannot change my default .jar program to java: I have a windows 10 machine. I have run everything fine before I reset my pc. My default now is set to notepad, which was my mistake. The only options I have to open a file with are apps from the windows store which is not helpful because I need to run this file using...
  5. windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error: auto run setup error how to fix please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-10-iso-file-to-usb-but-its-not-working-set/5d6c92b0-b7c7-447e-b2cc-41fa27052bc4
  6. Reset Display Settings

Reset Display Settings: Hello, when I stack my program windows or want to see them side by side they are never even and cleanly stacked. I think I might have messed this up. How can I reset the display settings so that the windows stack and show evenly side to side....
  7. Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...: The question title pretty much says it all. And it is not just me. Happens to many people. And always the ONLY Default that changes. Is there no way to permanently LOCK my preferred DEFAULTS and stop changes unless "I" make them?...
  8. Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update: Google Chrome not responsive to touch, personal display settings reset: Last night I ran the latest Windows 10 update and the following problems occurred: 1) my display settings were reset to default -- desktop wallpaper reverted to default, and desktop icon text size was reverted back to what I classify as "microscopic" 2) my preferred...
  9. Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several Programs not loading. Unable to reinstal windows or restore to previous settings: Here the list of my "not working stuff": - Microsoft Store - opens only loading screen and then shuts down - Windows defender - i can see he is turned on but the window is not opening - SFC-Scan - same like the two abow - MediaCreationTool1803 - i wanted to create a...
  10. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...