Windows 10: Set Browser ps1 or bat - Windows 10

Discus and support Set Browser ps1 or bat - Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there any way to be able to set a browser via the command line or powershell in Windows 10? 164859 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Underthaker, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Set Browser ps1 or bat - Windows 10

Is there any way to be able to set a browser via the command line or powershell in Windows 10?

:)

Underthaker, Sep 20, 2020
  2. ZeusABJ Win User

How do I get Cortana Search to work with CMD/BAT/VBS/PS1 files?

This is utterly infuriating to me. For some odd reason (I can only assume its security related) *none* of my scripts ever show up in Cortana searches. In build 1511 of Windows 10 I was able to work around this by creating a link in my task-bar with the following
    Target settings:

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\rundll32.exe -sta {C90FB8CA-3295-4462-A721-2935E83694BA}

This older search (that would slide out as a pane from the right hand side when invoked and appeared to be left over from Windows 8) would list my script files when I searched on them by name. However it now seems this feature was removed in the 1607 build
    of Windows 10. The crazy thing is I can go into the Indexing Options in Control Panel and see plain as day that indexing is enabled for CMD/BAT/VBS/PS1 files but they flat refuse to show up in any searches. This is crazy annoying to me as I have a number of
    scripts that I use throughout the day that I like to call on quickly to automate repetitive tasks.

Does anyone know of a way to make Cortana Search actually list CMD/BAT/VBS/PS1 files in search results?

ZeusABJ, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Sandi1987 Win User

Set Browser ps1 or bat - Windows 10

Sony PS1 Emulator PS1 Controller

Axes not even work in controller settings in Windows 10. PS2 controller works.

I tried different PS1 Controller and it's not working too.

I tried on other computer with Windows 7 and it's not working.

Sandi1987, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Set Browser ps1 or bat - Windows 10

1. Set Browser ps1 or bat - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Browser ps1

2. Problems running a ps1 script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems running a ps1 script: I have been trying to run the script below but keep getting error messages shown in attached screenshots which I assume is to do with access. The script ran perfectly before I did a Window 11 reinstall recently. Any help in laymans terms on how to resolve would be greatly...
  3. Browser Settings . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser Settings . . .: I have an issue, with two of my browsers.I'm talking about. Firefox and Comodo Ice Dragon.Both had, dark screens. And I liked it, that way!I had to, re-format my Windows 10 computer.Then I re-installed, both browsers.But they both have, white sceens?I went thru, all the...
  4. bat“”“”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bat“”“”: [ATTACH] WIN10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bat%E5%8F%B3%E9%94%AE%E6%B2%A1%E6%9C%89%E6%89%93/d78679c5-483a-4fb9-89ac-7b578ca1f76f
  5. assign powershell to ps1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    assign powershell to ps1: hi win10 1909 here. i want to assign powerhell to open ps1 files. now notepad.exe is assigned, and i cant change this to powershell is there a way to assign powershell to ps1 files ? submitted by /u/rtl33 [link] [comments]...
  6. set firefox as default browser in windows 10

set firefox as default browser in windows 10: I have firefox installed and use it as my browser. I want to set it as my default browser in Windows 10 but it does not appear as an option in the browser selection box. How do I get it into the browser selection box?...
  7. browser settings

browser settings: my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-settings/eb4275cc-dd56-4355-88ae-5b5e4e2d898b
  8. Formating a Windows 10 .bat file.

Formating a Windows 10 .bat file.: How to format a .bat file to open a desktop icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-windows-10-bat-file/a40662a9-5b4d-42c5-89b5-744df6a64734
  9. Bat or Exe file to restart Computer Browser Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat or Exe file to restart Computer Browser Service: About 1 out of every 6 times I turn my laptop on I have to restart the computer browser service to be able to connect to networks. Is there a bat or exe file I can create that I can just click on and run to restart the service instead of having to go into the...
  10. No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?: I have a folder from Win7 that was .bat locked that is now open & no longer able to be lock after a Win10 clean install. I thought I heard that .bat was only available in the Pro version. Wouldn't seem worth $99.00 to go Pro just for that. So, no .bat files for Windows 10...