Windows 10: Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Discus and support Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zplugger, Oct 6, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too?

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

zplugger, Oct 6, 2015

2. Changing the color of the Taskbar in Windows 10 ONLY

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows 10 - AskVG

This article explains 4 scenarios:

• Colorized Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center and White Titlebar

• Colorized Titlebar and Dark Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center

• Colorized Taskbar, Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • Colorized Taskbar, White Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • You should go for the first one

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Unrecognizable "top bar" in windows....

You need to make titlebar colored.By default MS provides coloring everything including start,taskbar and titlebar.There is no such option to have individual settings.

However a registry edit can allow you to have different color configs separately in Windows.

This should help:

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 6, 2015
  4. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Your background is dark explaining why you are seeing the grey color applied to most of the tiles by default. Unfortunately you can't really customize the tiles much except see them resized by a right click on each one by itself. The Personalization area is where you set the theme or color options with the tiles simply following suit depending what you choose.

As for the MS tiles those will always remain their MS default by MS design and are flexible like your other 3rd party app shortcuts would be. The Windows DVD Player will remain it's default as well as the one for Edge. With a 3rd party gizmo like the weather app however you have to see what options that has to offer as far as seeing the color changed or switching to a new background. The new Windows Wunderlist app has a number of backgrounds to select from with that particular app while other MS stuff will remain the default as always.

Night Hawk, Oct 6, 2015
  5. zplugger Win User
    Thanks Night Hawk
    Guess I will have to live with it, hate adding bunch of apps.
    Z

zplugger, Oct 7, 2015
  6. Here I solved that problem entirely while looking mainly to see the old shutdown button returned. I decided to give Start Menu 10 a run. Stardock puts that out for a $4.99 tag. That allows you to even change the Start button as well as changed the background color as well as transparency level for the Start menu replacement. But you won't be seeing tiles any longer to worry about.

I still have to tinker a bit more with it but it allows you to increase or reduce the number of divisions for categories as well as adjust the area when using the 10 style option which does have tiles over the 7 look or the Modern options.

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu [​IMG]

As you can see I made the background color dark for easier viewing of the text. With the transparency increased any screen capture or snipping will tend to be washed out. But you can see more on that option at the Stardock page for it. Start10, the first Windows 10 Start menu alternative!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

1. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu - Similar Threads - Set Color TaskBar

2. Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu: I want to change the color of icons on taskbar and windows start menu's text also to black without changing my theme. It is very hard to read icons and start menu's text in white color. Image above for reference. Is it possible? If yes then please assist me....
  3. No color in start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No color in start menu.: [ATTACH] It all of a sudden changed and I don't know why. In the settings app it says that I chose purple but it shows on everything but the start menu. https://preview.redd.it/eew2ku4jyoj61.png?width=803&format=png&auto=webp&s=078a5f14b368d30950c070b9063a7c1dcd9dc5c5...
  4. Start Menu Colors

Start Menu Colors: Ok, so I have a question regarding the Start Menu. It's nothing serious I'm just curious. Ok, so when you look at the Start Menu, for some reason some icons have blue backgrounds or purple. Would there be a way I can change these colors manually without using the Start Menu...
  5. CSGO changes the color of my taskbar and start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CSGO changes the color of my taskbar and start menu: Hello, it's all on the title When CSGO isn't running : https://i.imgur.com/FIwFdsf.png After CSGO is running : https://i.imgur.com/w7zr0g1.png Afterwards I have to go into the settings to put the right color back, but if I run csgo the ugly color will put itself back, do...
  6. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  7. Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10

Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10: I followed this article which used registry editor to change color: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-cu...bar-windows-10 But for me it is not working properly, the color does not change and if changes, the start menu color does not change? Can anybody put up a proper...
  8. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar: This post is intended for Build 9926 and you are using the default Start Menu. To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Color And Appearance then select Show Color Mixer. These 3 sliders will...
  9. Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately

Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately: Hi, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 for a second time. The first installation was in 2015 to a backup laptop when they were first promoting it and I hated it so much that I never installed it on my main computer. However, for memory reasons, I've just upgraded to 10 on my...
  10. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color: I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are...