Windows 10: Set Cortana so that I can one-click to the microphone, then it goes away.

Discus and support Set Cortana so that I can one-click to the microphone, then it goes away. in Cortana to solve the problem; In the previous version of Cortana, I could click the Circle icon on my start menu and say "Start Notepad". Then Cortana went away and didn't listen to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by justSomeUser9, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Set Cortana so that I can one-click to the microphone, then it goes away.

In the previous version of Cortana, I could click the Circle icon on my start menu and say "Start Notepad". Then Cortana went away and didn't listen to me. If I wanted to open something else, I clicked the circle and said "Open Edge".

But Cortana upgraded today and now it takes me two mouse clicks to turn on the microphone: Click the circle, click the microphone. And then it doesn't go away.

I don't want it permanently listening, so I don't turn on "Let Cortana respond to 'Cortana' keyword”. I want it to work like it used to, one-click -> speak, fini. How do I set it back to act that way?

Thanks,

:)

justSomeUser9, Oct 10, 2020

2. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Jeh cag Win User
    Can't use microphone on Cortana

Hi,

Let's get this resolve. Follow the steps below for you to use microphone on Cortana:

• Tap or click the search area in the taskbar
    • Tap or click the notebook button
    • Select Settings
    • Toggle On the option, Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana"

Set Cortana so that I can one-click to the microphone, then it goes away. dc0073c4-1ddb-43e8-9356-a9a6ed368375.jpg

Let us know how it goes. For us to further assist you.

Regards.

Jeh cag, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Set Cortana so that I can one-click to the microphone, then it goes away.

setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Set Cortana so that I can one-click to the microphone, then it goes away.

1. Set Cortana so that I can one-click to the microphone, then it goes away. - Similar Threads - Set Cortana click

2. So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...: After uninstalling any software, none files of this software doesn't goes to recycle bin. So i can't properly delete a program permanently.For this my laptop running slow. Also in spite of few software there are no space of my laptops Rom. So how can I set this to delete a...
  3. So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...: After uninstalling any software, none files of this software doesn't goes to recycle bin. So i can't properly delete a program permanently.For this my laptop running slow. Also in spite of few software there are no space of my laptops Rom. So how can I set this to delete a...
  4. Setting to one click or two click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting to one click or two click.: how to set to one click for windows icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-to-one-click-or-two-click/30098fc0-1d74-414c-9409-ed2a93b408ef
  5. Setting to one click or two click.

Setting to one click or two click.: how to set to one click for windows icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-to-one-click-or-two-click/30098fc0-1d74-414c-9409-ed2a93b408ef
  6. Setting to one click or two click.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?: How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-give-command-to-cortana-without-clicking/256a75b2-1209-4ef6-8cdb-9c64d2947bf6
  8. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?: How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-give-command-to-cortana-without-clicking/256a75b2-1209-4ef6-8cdb-9c64d2947bf6
  9. Cortana goes away

Cortana goes away: I've been running Windows 10 for about a week and I enjoy the quick access to Bing search. But frequently, usually after an overnight hibernation, Cortana simply becomes "unavailable". I click on the box and nothing happens! I have to reboot the machine to get it working...
  10. Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone

Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone: So when I click the microphone in (Ask me anything) bar it says Sorry about that, I did not hear anything, Tap here to make sure cortana hears you. But when I click on TAP HERE it takes too long to load. Please help! 70398