Windows 10: Set custom amount of RAM for a process

Discus and support Set custom amount of RAM for a process in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an high end PC with 32 GB of RAM, but I would like to run an old game which keeps crashing probably due to the too much available RAM. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skynet3d, May 31, 2020.

1. Set custom amount of RAM for a process

I have an high end PC with 32 GB of RAM, but I would like to run an old game which keeps crashing probably due to the too much available RAM.

Is there any program which "locks" the total amount of RAM for a specific process to a custom value? To deceive a program and make it believe that there are only 1 or 2 GB of Ram on the PC.

I googled it but cannot find anything. Thanks

submitted by /u/Skynet3d
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skynet3d, May 31, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 31, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 31, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Set custom amount of RAM for a process

Where is my RAM?

Hi,

Cache stored on Windows
    10 restricts your PC
    from working efficiently. If there is a continuous and high volume of cached read requests from any process or from any
    driver, the working set (the number of memory pages in the physical RAM)
    size of the system file cache will grow to meet this demand.
    The system file cache consumes the physical RAM. Therefore, sufficient
    amounts of physical RAM are not available for other processes.

On 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the size of the virtual address range is typically larger than
    the physical RAM. In this situation, the working set for the system file cache can increase to consume most of the physical RAM.

We suggest that you clear caches on your Windows 10 computer to resolve memory usage issues. Few things that you
    can try clearing are the Windows Store and Temp Files caches. Check out the steps below:

How to clear the Windows Store cache:

• Press
      Windows + R keys to open a
      Run prompt.

• Type
      WSReset.exe
      into the text box, then click
      OK.

How to clear the Temp Files cache:

• Open the
      Start menu.

• Type
      Disk Cleanup, then
      press Enter.

• Under the
      Disk Cleanup tab, uncheck all boxes except for
      Temporary Files, then click
      OK.

Hope the above information helps.
    Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Set custom amount of RAM for a process

1. Set custom amount of RAM for a process - Similar Threads - Set custom amount

2. Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM: Hello to all dear supportersFor some time now, when I work with my laptop, I feel that the laptop has slowed down, and after inquiry, we found out that the RAM of my laptop has changed from 8 gigs to 4 gigs!Every time after turning on the RAM a few times, it becomes 8 again...
  3. Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrectly showing the amount of RAM: Hello to all dear supportersFor some time now, when I work with my laptop, I feel that the laptop has slowed down, and after inquiry, we found out that the RAM of my laptop has changed from 8 gigs to 4 gigs!Every time after turning on the RAM a few times, it becomes 8 again...
  4. Amount of RAM that win10 os is using

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amount of RAM that win10 os is using: why is my system is using so much amount of ram even I am not running any application? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amount-of-ram-that-win10-os-is-using/3bb151ae-70ba-4e2a-8c1a-fc5b3ba9b34b
  5. Weird amount of RAM being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird amount of RAM being used: Hey everyone, So i recently bought more RAM for my work pc. Just did a small upgrade from 4GB to 8GB. I've been using it for like a week now, and every single day i notice that Task Manager shows im using like 50% RAM, but i dont. In these screenshots you can see that Opera...
  6. dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram

dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram: [IMG] Just using Windows normally, then saw this process using a massive amount of ram. Previously it was just lower than 300mb at most times. Any help please? These are my specifications: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzInstalled RAM: 20.0 GB...
  7. physical ram is lower than my total amount of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    physical ram is lower than my total amount of ram: so i have just got my laptop today sorry for my bad grammar and punctuation but okay so my laptop i just got today has a few problems but the ones im worried about is the audio and ram thing so my ram [ATTACH] its say in my ram info too that only 5.91 is usable so how...
  8. Faking RAM amount to play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faking RAM amount to play a game: Hello! I have a computer that has 6GB of RAM (2x2GB + 2x1GB) and no free RAM slot. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 that has minimum RAM requirement 8GB. Every time I load the game I get an annoying warning that I do not have the minimum system requirement for low settings...
  9. Chromium using huge amounts of RAM

Chromium using huge amounts of RAM: I just noticed even having one tab open on chromium(dev version) has me using 0.5 GB ram. There are like 14 processes open. What's the deal here or am I mistaken? submitted by /u/Mamba28 [link] [comments]...
  10. Odd RAM Amounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd RAM Amounts: I have the impression that 10 uses RAM in a fairly even way, as in more RAM=faster performance. My experience with XP was that it had a "sweet spot", I always ran it with 2GB of RAM. But I'm wondering if the more is faster depending on amount is really true for one thing, but...