Windows 10: Set default explorer window size?

Discus and support Set default explorer window size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to define the pixel dimensions of a new Windows Explorer window? If I resize one, subsequent ones will open at that size, but not after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kirkbross, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Set default explorer window size?

Is it possible to define the pixel dimensions of a new Windows Explorer window? If I resize one, subsequent ones will open at that size, but not after a reboot. I'd like to set a permanent size at a deeper level.

submitted by /u/kirkbross
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kirkbross, Sep 17, 2020

2. how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Set default explorer window size?

How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Set default explorer window size?

1. Set default explorer window size? - Similar Threads - Set default explorer

2. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup: Hello, good day, can I set default the reduced size of a program? Is there a setting? so whenever I open it, will always be the restored sized program For specification : the "restore down button- returns the window to its previous size "...
  3. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup: Hello, good day, can I set default the reduced size of a program? Is there a setting? so whenever I open it, will always be the restored sized program For specification : the "restore down button- returns the window to its previous size "...
  4. Set Recycle Bin size to default?

Set Recycle Bin size to default?: 1 Windows 10. I understand how to make the Recycle Bin show or not show on the desktop, how to make files delete directly or not, and how to set the Recycle Bin size manually for each drive in its properties. But I see no way to return the recycle bin size to its *default...
  5. Setting default columns size in File Explorer

Setting default columns size in File Explorer: Since I have read this forum about so many people asking how to apply settings for a default column size in File Explorer, I thought I would answer it since no one here at Microsoft correctly identified it. Even though they did give you their best answer - it is rather quite...
  6. File Explorer Default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Default settings: When I open File Explorer for the first time I want to control what it displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-default-settings/bab1ad48-2bd1-44ca-bc3c-03b61bd46647
  7. How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows Explorer default icon size?: Similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/how-do-i-change-the-default-file-explorer-view-to/4dad9764-dcab-420d-bd4e-99301e037be2 The most common advice is go to View > Folder Options > View tab > Apply to Folders, but that...
  8. Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.

Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.: Hi Microsoft, you can improve the documentation for the setting of the default paper size for application. I noticed the default paper size for Edge, Outlook, ... is taken from the paper size of the default printer. Where is this documented. The discussions on this...
  9. Restore File Explorer Default Thumbnail size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore File Explorer Default Thumbnail size: Hello, I am using Win10pro v1803 bld 17134.407 All my picture thumbnails in explorer are converting to square format from the very nice original aspect ratio. This may have started with my recent system updates a few days ago. Can I put them back to the...
  10. Can I set default size for program window

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I set default size for program window: In the latest edition of Windows 10, is there way to make an app open to a custom size after I close the app? A registry setting perhaps? Thanks. 101849