Windows 10: set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

Discus and support set default fit for background image on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, I keep setting the fit of the background image to "center". However, every time I log on, the background image fit has been reset to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asp_mm01, Aug 18, 2018.

1. asp_mm01 Win User

set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

hi,

I keep setting the fit of the background image to "center".

However, every time I log on, the background image fit has been reset to "stretch".

--> How can I get the fit of the background image to stop changing?

:)

asp_mm01, Aug 18, 2018

2. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Change back to default background settings

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background

Click in the Background list box

Choose Picture

Then choose one of the default pictures or hero images in the tiny gallery or click Browse if you want to use an image from your local Picture folder.

You can adjust the aspect ration by clicking in the Choose a fit listbox.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2018
  4. set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

1. set default fit for background image on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - set default fit

2. Background Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Image: My laptop changed the background image by itself with my PC's one. I installed Windows 10 from there website on my new PC and reinstalled the same Windows on my laptop. I connected on both devices on my Microsoft Account. However I did this a few weeks ago and my laptop's...
  3. Setting animated image as Desktop Background

Setting animated image as Desktop Background: sir, I want to set an animated background ***Original title: Desktop background*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-animated-image-as-desktop-background/638790b6-ca67-44e5-9975-1b61cdac38da
  4. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  5. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  6. Windows 10 background reverting to picture and tiled fit

Windows 10 background reverting to picture and tiled fit: Windows 10 background reverting to picture from slideshow as well as tiled fit instead of just "fit". This happens throughout the day and not after a reboot/restart....
  7. Make image fit screen.

in Browsers and Email
    Make image fit screen.: Hi, Used No Squint on FF which overode the default settings and was a boon for my octogenerian eyes. It has been withdrawn for sometime now and I have been having to continually use zooming (in-out) which is a real faff. I am wondering if anyone knows of something similar...
  8. Login Background Image: Setting One Picture

Login Background Image: Setting One Picture: One of the posts here indicated how to get at the series of images that display in the Lock Screen. I liked one of them and changed the Lock Screen to use that exclusively. However I don't care for the Lock Screen so I disabled it in GPEdit. I have set the Login background to...
  9. Setting One Picture as a Login Background Image

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting One Picture as a Login Background Image: One of the posts here indicated how to get at the series of images that display in the Lock Screen. I liked one of them and changed the Lock Screen to use that exclusively. However I don't care for the Lock Screen so I disabled it in GPEdit. I have set the Login background to...
  10. Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH

Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH: Hi, wondering if you all could help me. For some reason, Windows 10 will not let me set a background image through the personalisation menu, through the photos application, etc. Any photo I try to apply will cause the background image to turn black. I can strangely enough...