Windows 10: set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

Discus and support set default fit for background image on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, I keep setting the fit of the background image to "center". However, every time I log on, the background image fit has been reset to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asp_mm01, Aug 18, 2018.

1. asp_mm01 Win User

set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

hi,

I keep setting the fit of the background image to "center".

However, every time I log on, the background image fit has been reset to "stretch".

--> How can I get the fit of the background image to stop changing?

:)

asp_mm01, Aug 18, 2018

2. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Change back to default background settings

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background

Click in the Background list box

Choose Picture

Then choose one of the default pictures or hero images in the tiny gallery or click Browse if you want to use an image from your local Picture folder.

You can adjust the aspect ration by clicking in the Choose a fit listbox.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2018
  4. set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

1. set default fit for background image on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - set default fit

2. background setting default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  3. background setting default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  4. Desktop background image fit "tile" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background image fit "tile" not working: I had set my desktop background quite a while ago and did not change it. Now it does not work as it did before. There was not even a manual Windows update involved. Now the "tile" option in the "fit" setting shows the same result as the "span" option.To clarify: I have...
  5. Desktop background image fit "tile" not working

Desktop background image fit "tile" not working: I had set my desktop background quite a while ago and did not change it. Now it does not work as it did before. There was not even a manual Windows update involved. Now the "tile" option in the "fit" setting shows the same result as the "span" option.To clarify: I have...
  6. Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.

Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.: I would like to set a single image as my desktop background across my two monitors. For this purpose I have prepared a single image sized to fit the screens exactly - it has a resolution of 3840x1080 pixels, i.e. two 1920x1080 screens side by side. When I select the image in...
  7. Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Desktop Background "Span" fit setting not functioning.: I would like to set a single image as my desktop background across my two monitors. For this purpose I have prepared a single image sized to fit the screens exactly - it has a resolution of 3840x1080 pixels, i.e. two 1920x1080 screens side by side. When I select the image in...
  8. Best way to "fit" desktop background image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to "fit" desktop background image?: Some of the images I have for desktop backgrounds (slideshow), don't fit properly, even though I select the "fit" option. As far as I can tell, Windows is only scaling based on height, so when an image has an aspect ratio that is wider than tall compared to my desktop's...
  9. Windows 10 default background images

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 default background images: Hi, Just wondering if anyone has come across standard background images being updated in Windows 10 to include something a little disturbing see below, second tile along. [ATTACH] First came across this on my daughter's laptop a few weeks ago, she started it up one...
  10. How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e, which has a non-standard screen size 1366x768. I have a variety of wallpaper images that update once a day. Every time a new image is set as the background, it defaults to "Tile," which throws off the image. Where in the Registry can I...