Windows 10: set default for downloading from unknown sources

Discus and support set default for downloading from unknown sources in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cant seem to find settings to enable apps from unknown sources... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gavvy790, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Gavvy790 Win User

set default for downloading from unknown sources

I cant seem to find settings to enable apps from unknown sources

:)

Gavvy790, Jun 19, 2021

2. "Enable Unknown Sources"

Thank you for the fast response. I am trying to set up a system with the Metropolitan Opera that would enable me to select an opera they have photographed in the past during a performance and stream it to my computer. First I must perform the following
    steps, which seem to have been written for a phone, not my PC:

To install the Amazon Appstore, just follow these steps:

Enable Unknown Sources

- In your phone Settings page, tap on "Security" or "Applications" (varies with device)

- Enable "Unknown Sources" permission

- Confirm with "OK"

Install and Launch Amazon Appstore

- In your device's "Download" folder, find and tap on the "Amazon_app.apk" file

- Tap "Install"on the Android Installer screen

- Launch the Amazon Appstore

Charles

charles_pe, Jun 19, 2021
  3. "Enable Unknown Sources"

Thank you for the fast response. I am trying to set up a system with the Metropolitan Opera that would enable me to select an opera they have photographed in the past during a performance and stream it to my computer. First I must perform the following
    steps, which seem to have been written for a phone, not my PC:

To install the Amazon Appstore, just follow these steps:

Enable Unknown Sources

- In your phone Settings page, tap on "Security" or "Applications" (varies with device)

- Enable "Unknown Sources" permission

- Confirm with "OK"

Install and Launch Amazon Appstore

- In your device's "Download" folder, find and tap on the "Amazon_app.apk" file

- Tap "Install"on the Android Installer screen

- Launch the Amazon Appstore

Charles

charles_pe, Jun 19, 2021
  4. set default for downloading from unknown sources

unknown sources

I need to download a program for my buisness, but I need to turn off the setting that blocks the unknown source. I know the source, and it's safe, but I can't find the setting to turn the block off, Please help, I need to do this, like yesterday. Thank
    you for any help, I'm about to go nuts with this thing.

JoeMiller1, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

set default for downloading from unknown sources

1. set default for downloading from unknown sources - Similar Threads - set default downloading

2. get apps from unknown sources, win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get apps from unknown sources, win11: i wish to download apps from unknown sourcesie play store ectnot interested in why i would want too please tell me how as i cannot download youtube from ms store and others...
  3. get apps from unknown sources, win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get apps from unknown sources, win11: i wish to download apps from unknown sourcesie play store ectnot interested in why i would want too please tell me how as i cannot download youtube from ms store and others...
  4. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  5. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  6. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

7. "Enable Unknown Sources"

"Enable Unknown Sources": I have a PC with Windows 10 version 1909. One of my objectives requires that I enable unknown sources temporarily. The instructions given to me require that I click on a command with those specific words. I can't find that switch or even similar words. My latest search...
  8. unknown sources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unknown sources: I need to download a program for my buisness, but I need to turn off the setting that blocks the unknown source. I know the source, and it's safe, but I can't find the setting to turn the block off, Please help, I need to do this, like yesterday. Thank you for any help, I'm...
  9. Wake source unknown

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake source unknown: Hi forum hivemind, I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue with their labtop turn on while transported without a known cause. I've been to self help sites that have told me various solutions such as: Win 10: Command prompt/ powercfg -lastwake And it comes up with no...
  10. Unknown error source

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown error source: Hi there, I get this error every few days and I have no idea where it is coming from! I understand it is perhaps because I installed 32-bit software instead of 64? But I have no clue from what program it is coming from. Please see my attached screenshot for what I see. Any...