Windows 10: Set default login account in windows 10

Discus and support Set default login account in windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,We have a meeting room PC with windows 10 OS joined to domain and we disabled last login history from the system.Users are login to this system by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yakub Pangat_AIMS, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Set default login account in windows 10

Hi,We have a meeting room PC with windows 10 OS joined to domain and we disabled last login history from the system.Users are login to this system by using their account or meeting room public account.Sometimes after the meeting users are logging out their account and it's not showing their meeting room public account.when the next user coming to the meeting room and trying to login by meeting room public account, it's not showing last login area and they are keep calling IT as they don't remember public account name.So my requirement is if any user lock or logoff the system, it should d

:)

Yakub Pangat_AIMS, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Oct 6, 2022
  3. thecpchick, Oct 6, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Set default login account in windows 10

NavyLCDR, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Set default login account in windows 10

1. Set default login account in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set default login

2. Set default login account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set default login account in windows 10: Hi,We have a meeting room PC with windows 10 OS joined to domain and we disabled last login history from the system.Users are login to this system by using their account or meeting room public account.Sometimes after the meeting users are logging out their account and it's...
  3. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  4. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  5. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 10 mail app resets account settings to defaults

Windows 10 mail app resets account settings to defaults: I have a long term recurring problem with the Windows 10 mail app - The Windows 10 mail app periodically resets the signature, swipe, focused inbox, and other settings to default. When it happens, it does it for all configured accounts. 3-9 accounts per machine It happens on...
  7. Set a default login account at the welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set a default login account at the welcome screen: I have a user who is visually impaired. He has software in his profile that assists him with this. The problem is, to get to it, he has to login, and the machine is shared among several users, of which he is the only impaired person. I would like to set the computer's...
  8. Setting defaults in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Setting defaults in Windows 10: I believe that I have MS figured out. There is something inWindows 10 that I thought was a bug. I discovered today that is not a bug, butit’s the way that MS wants it. *Eek I have not been that happy with Windows Edge soI used IE as my default browser and I set everything so...
  9. Setting default login account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting default login account...: Forgive all the 'newbie' questions. Is there a way to set a certain account to be the default account when booting up? I'd like MY account to be the one that is waiting to be logged in when the system starts. Is this possible? If so, How? 52891
  10. Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?: I got a new laptop (Pavilion 17) and first time using windows 10. Problem 1 - I originally had to turn on scrolling for the click pad which was yesterday. Now today scrolling was turned off and I had to turn it back on again. Stopped using computer last night while it was...