Windows 10: Set default mail program

Discus and support Set default mail program in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yeah, I know: Settings/Default or Control Panel/Default. But it won't work with OE Classic. It's installed and working but Windows never heard of it.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tcebob, Sep 29, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Set default mail program

Yeah, I know: Settings/Default or Control Panel/Default. But it won't work with OE Classic. It's installed and working but Windows never heard of it. Perhaps add it to the registry manually?

:)

tcebob, Sep 29, 2017
  2. Linney Win User

How do you associate your installed email program with the requested action to e-mail a displayed page on your IE11 browser in Win10Pro 64?

Are all the defaults set for this program (your E-mail program) in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs? Also check in Settings/System/Default Apps.

What is your Default E-mail program? Is it Hotmail, or is it Windows Live Mail?

In Regedit what does it say at this location, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail, your previous reply is one click too far. Stop at Mail.

What does it say at this location? HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command, That should point directly to the E-mail program.

Linney, Sep 29, 2017
  3. mlg63 Win User
    I CAN NOT PRINT OFF E MAILS IN OUTLOOK

Make sure you have selected a default email program by opening Defaults in Control Panel, set default programs. The usual choice is MAIL Outlook.com is not a default mail program.

mlg63, Sep 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Set default mail program

Suggest you contact them...
    OE Classic - Help

Did you search the forum here?
    Anyone using OE Classic for email? - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 29, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Thanks for the reference. I won't mess with the registry just now but will nudge OE Classic to get this fixed. Meanwhile I'll try the Mail app as a default.

tcebob, Sep 29, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    If you're considering using a 3rd party client- which gives you freedom as to where you store messages, mail rules etc- you might prefer to use one from which you can readily transfer all the relevant data- contacts/address book, mail rules, accounts, emails...

I''ve been thru swapping MS clients when OE ceased to be, and after Winmail disappeared vowed never to use MS again.

dalchina, Sep 29, 2017
  7. tcebob Win User
    I agree. But for some reason Comcast is almost impossible to connect to by many of the popular clients. Thunderbird, Outlook, Mailbird, etc. I have manually set up the ports without much luck. OE Classic gets it right automatically.

tcebob, Sep 29, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Set default mail program

dalchina, Sep 29, 2017
  9. tcebob Win User
    Dalchina, apologies for leaving you unanswered for so long! I lost interest in OE Classic when I found that Essential PIM includes a good email client. Thunderbird works, too, as does Mailbird and even Outlook.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Set default mail program

1. Set default mail program - Similar Threads - Set default mail

2. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  3. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  4. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Default Mail app will not set

Default Mail app will not set: I use Windows 10 Mail as my mail app. When I set Defaults, it was listed as the recommended choice. But when I open a folder and right click on a file to Sendto email, I get the message that there is no mail program associated. I rummaged in the Registry and found Hotmail...
  6. how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail

how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail: Hi, I am using a dedicated (old but useful) software as mail client (Eudora). In Win7, it was possible to designate this software as default mail client (so that "mailto" in web pages will open it. In Win10, all I see as possibilities to designate a mail client are...
  7. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  8. Can't Set Default Program!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Set Default Program!: What a real pain this is!!!!!Cannot set existing program as default for Photos. Dropdown list doesn't have that program listed yet it is installed on computer. Cannot add .ATN extension and associate a program to open it. So I have to pay to get App??? And the App store...
  9. Setting default programs

Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...
  10. Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting: I have read a lot of posted articles using Google search, but none of them are quite the problem I am experiencing. My hardware is an ASUS Transformer T100TAM. It came with Win 10, but husband installed our registered Win7 in order to get the free Win10 upgrade. When I...