Windows 10: set default open folder in Windows File Explorer

Discus and support set default open folder in Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've searched the internet and tried lots of things, but I cannot set a default opening folder for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10. Please advise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack-C, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Jack-C Win User

set default open folder in Windows File Explorer

I've searched the internet and tried lots of things, but I cannot set a default opening folder for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10.

Please advise.

And thanks.

:)

Jack-C, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder

Hi, this article, which you may have read, discusses this issue; although it may not achieve precisely what you want, it comes close.
    Two ways to make Windows 10 File Explorer open specific folders - TechRepublic

More here:
    Set Default Folder When Opening Explorer in Windows 10

From another point of view, you'll probably also be aware of programs that offer favourites list, common across a range of file managers and open/save boxes etc such as Listary.

dalchina, Jun 14, 2019
  4. set default open folder in Windows File Explorer

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

set default open folder in Windows File Explorer

1. set default open folder in Windows File Explorer - Similar Threads - set default open

2. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  3. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  4. Set D:\ as File Explorer Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set D:\ as File Explorer Default: PC / Windows 10 - C:\ is operating systemD:\ partition is my file systemAttempting to set File Explorer default so it always shows D:\ files;Presently, Windows offers only "Quick Access" or whatever it's called or "My PC" default settings typical limited MS thinking and there...
  5. Set D:\ as File Explorer Default

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Set D:\ as File Explorer Default: PC / Windows 10 - C:\ is operating systemD:\ partition is my file systemAttempting to set File Explorer default so it always shows D:\ files;Presently, Windows offers only "Quick Access" or whatever it's called or "My PC" default settings typical limited MS thinking and there...
  6. File folder default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File folder default settings: Every time I open a folder I haven't used for several days, or even overnight, the view reverts to details view instead of the large icon view I would like.Is there a way to change this?...
  7. File Explorer Default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Default settings: When I open File Explorer for the first time I want to control what it displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-default-settings/bab1ad48-2bd1-44ca-bc3c-03b61bd46647
  8. Change File Explorer Default Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Default Setting: Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to change my default viewing setting inside File Explorer. The setting I prefer is "Large Icons" & sorted by "Type", but it seems that every time I go back to a folder I must select these options again. The current default is "Details" &...
  9. set file open with default

in Windows 10 Customization
    set file open with default: How do you set the default program to open a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-file-open-with-default/7037987b-12e8-4e04-ad36-983ae85bfd65
  10. File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder: I was able to do this in Win7 but can't figure out what to do in W10. Problem is that I want File Explorer to start with the display at a particular folder. In my case that is D:\Tony\Pictures. And with the contents of that folder in the right-hand pane. I should add that...