Windows 10: Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update

Discus and support Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 struggles to memorize the default file presentation (sort order, icon size, etc.) I set in File Explorer via the traditional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shenmue is life, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update

Hi,

Windows 10 struggles to memorize the default file presentation (sort order, icon size, etc.) I set in File Explorer via the traditional procedure: "View>Options>View tab>Apply to all folders."

For instance:

When I set presentation A (very large icons, sort by date) for folders with mainly pictures, then I set presentation B (list, sort by name) for folders with mainly documents, Windows will erase the presentation A I set for picture-based folders, and goes on.

The feature worked like a charm in previous versions of Windows 10. The issue only appeared on 1903 update.

:)

Shenmue is life, Jun 4, 2019

2. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update

My nextbook is not starting up correctly, blackscreen on start up

Hi Andrew,

I would suggest you to verify if the default sound device is set correctly. Follow these steps:

• Windows key + X, click Control Panel, click
      Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
    • Playback tab. Make sure the correct default audio device is selected. (For most users, the default audio device is
      Speakers.)
    • Playback tab, select the correct device, click Properties, click the
      Advanced tab, and make sure that Default Format is set to the value that you expect. When finished, click OK.
    • Playback tab, select the playback device, click Configure, and then make sure the configurations are set correctly.
    If the sound settings are set correctly, and your speakers are already set as the default device, go to "Verify that an audio driver is installed" now.

• Set Default.
    • OK to save your settings.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update

1. Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update - Similar Threads - Set default presentation

2. default setting to correctly open a csv file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default setting to correctly open a csv file: Hi there,I'm trying to open a csv file in excel, but the columns are messed up, and I cannot fix it so there is a clear overview of data for every specific column.I have tried to select a column and not selecting at all; went to data and then text to with comma, but nothing...
  3. default setting to correctly open a csv file

in Windows 10 Customization
    default setting to correctly open a csv file: Hi there,I'm trying to open a csv file in excel, but the columns are messed up, and I cannot fix it so there is a clear overview of data for every specific column.I have tried to select a column and not selecting at all; went to data and then text to with comma, but nothing...
  4. No default apps present, and nothing works.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No default apps present, and nothing works.: So a month ago I recieved a new computer running Windows 10. While I was setting up, I noticed that most apps like calculator, maps, messaging, feedback hub, Microsoft Store are missing. I tried opening them, but a message kept popping up saying "you'll need a new app to open...
  5. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  6. Transparency doesn't work since update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency doesn't work since update 1903: Hello, Since the last feature update 1903 transparency effects don't work for me. Im going to attach 2 pictures of how it used to look before and how it looks now. Ive tried the command to reset apps from powershell and I tried reinstalling Windows files but it didn't work....
  7. Search not working since windows 10 update 1903

in Cortana
    Search not working since windows 10 update 1903: Since the May update, my search is intermittently blank. Unresponsive. I found one article that said to delete my antivirus and then reinstall. That worked for about a day. Not sure what is happening with these update. Tried trouble shooting and nothing. Help....
  8. Sleep not working since updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep not working since updating to 1903: I don't get why... 1) powercfg -requests shows nothing is causing sleep issues 2) sleep works if i set it manually but if automatically it won't Any reason why this would all of sudden not working properly?...
  9. Clipboard problem since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard problem since 1903 Update: Hi - Since updating to W10 1903 I have been experiencing a problem with clipboard. Lets say I have say two pieces of text saved on my clipboard, I go to an email and use Win-V to paste the first into the subject line, that always works fine. Sometimes the cursor then...
  10. Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update: Updated to 1903 three days ago (6-2-19) and my computer is crashing a lot. Watching videos, writing emails, doing nothing just on and computer decides to re-boot or computer didn't shut down properly and I will see the computer trying to recover. Computer has crashed approx....