Windows 10: Set default to Autoplay, but Windows Media Player automatically opens and rejects CD

Discus and support Set default to Autoplay, but Windows Media Player automatically opens and rejects CD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The error message is "cannot Rip one or more tracks". I'm using Windows 10. This has just begun to happen recently, maybe since last Win10 update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HaFin, Nov 27, 2019.

1. HaFin Win User

Set default to Autoplay, but Windows Media Player automatically opens and rejects CD

The error message is "cannot Rip one or more tracks". I'm using Windows 10. This has just begun to happen recently, maybe since last Win10 update. Would appreciate help!

:)

HaFin, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

cd autoplay

Hi dogred24,

An Audio CD does not have a setting for Autoplay, you are doing nothing wrong . . .

If by CD/DVD players you are referring to drives in a PC

Due to the amount of trojan infections that used Autopay, it is now turned off by default in Windows

Insert the disc

Open the Settings App

Go to Devices Autoplay

From there you can set that to automatically play

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    How can I assign a media player to autoplay CDs?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Under Music Player, choose Music Player

Choose Winamp if its listed.

Click Video player, choose your choose your desired DVD player.

Go back Home, then click Devices > AutoPlay

Choose the default for your Remove drive.

If you need more expanded options, press Windows key + R

Type Control

Hit Enter

Open AutoPlay then choose the default actions.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Set default to Autoplay, but Windows Media Player automatically opens and rejects CD

Unable to type as soon as I insert a CD to drive using Media Player

If it isn't program activity the symptoms suggest that Windows is having trouble reading the cd. Mine responds almost instantly when an audio cd is inserted.

Have you checked what the Autoplay defaults have been set to for CDs/DVDs? I have two other programs besides Media Player which have automatic rip options in Autoplay for CD media. I wonder if iTunes might also do the same thing.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Set default to Autoplay, but Windows Media Player automatically opens and rejects CD - Similar Threads - Set default Autoplay

2. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  3. The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?: So I found an issue with the media files on Windows. So this happened... When I open an media file with Movies and TV, that's when the terrible new Media Player started to set it to it's default media player. I had to set my Movies and TV to the media player back in the...
  4. The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?: So I found an issue with the media files on Windows. So this happened... When I open an media file with Movies and TV, that's when the terrible new Media Player started to set it to it's default media player. I had to set my Movies and TV to the media player back in the...
  5. The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Windows Media Player-CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player-CD: On Windows Media Player, before I Updated Windows, songs from my CD that I burned into Media Player Played. Now some play some don't. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cd/4de6544e-9155-4da7-b7c3-a26aa9179b39
  7. Automatic retrieving of media/cd info for Windows 10 Media Player

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic retrieving of media/cd info for Windows 10 Media Player: Good day, I am ripping my cd's through Windows Media Player. It's commercial cd's I bought. I have to type in all the information as media player fail to obtain any media info automatically. I have tried the option "Find album info" but to no avail. My internet is...
  8. Windows Media Player autoplay?

Windows Media Player autoplay?: Whenever I select a playlist to run on my Windows Media Player it closes itself as soon as the first video/song is over and it tries to start the next one. How do I fix this...
  9. No option to set default for media players

No option to set default for media players: Just recently (I think there was an update) there stopped being an option to set a media file type (AVI, WAV, etc)) to open with a certain media player. If I right clicked on a video and selected "open with" I would get a list of my players and an option to always use the...
  10. Default app set to VLC but Win Media PLayer opens

Default app set to VLC but Win Media PLayer opens: Hi I have set the default media player for both music and video to VLC and when I double click a single file it opens in VLC. However if I select a number of music files and hit enter or click play at the top of windows explorer it opens windows media player. Even if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start media player automatically

2. how to automatically start media player in library mode when disc inserted

3. Set window media to automatic play when I put in