Windows 10: Set desktop slideshow from command or registry?

Discus and support Set desktop slideshow from command or registry? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to set the Windows 10 Wallpaper Slideshow directory from a commandline or in the registry? I want to change the wallpaper from RainMeter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mcpaton, Mar 23, 2016.

1. mcpaton Win User

Set desktop slideshow from command or registry?

Is there a way to set the Windows 10 Wallpaper Slideshow directory from a commandline or in the registry? I want to change the wallpaper from RainMeter software (which is possible) but I want to set a series of wallpapers at a time, not a static image.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

mcpaton, Mar 23, 2016

2. HOW DO I CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT PICTURE WITHIN A THEME IN WINDOWS 10?

Right-click on the Desktop, click "Next Desktop Background". This option appears if Desktop Slideshow is enabled. If Desktop Slideshow isn't enabled, open the classic Background page by typing the following command in Run (WinKey + R) dialog:

control.exe /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

(thanks, zach)

Select the wallpaper, and click Save changes.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 23, 2016
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    my own collection of animals as dektop background

Simply choose any photo - right-click it and select 'Set as Desktop Background'. Alternatively you could create a theme using a selection of pictures as a slideshow... copy the desired images into a single folder (if necessary) - select all and again right
    click and choose 'Set as DB' - all the images will then appear as a desktop slideshow. You can save these as a named theme and adjust the slideshow time from control panel - personalization.

Cheers, Ric.

RicW-nw, Mar 23, 2016
Thema:

Set desktop slideshow from command or registry?

1. Set desktop slideshow from command or registry? - Similar Threads - Set desktop slideshow

2. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do? please someone answer me, urgent....
  3. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  4. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  5. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  6. Desktop slideshow settings keep changing, help ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop slideshow settings keep changing, help ?: so my slideshow is set to change picture every 1minute. The problem is every time i turn on my pc i have to keep manually changing it back to every 1 minute because it changes itself to change picture every 1day.Any clues on how to stop this from happening ?...
  7. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings: Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and...
  8. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings: Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and...
  9. Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow

Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow: Is there any way, via group policy or registry, to set the background to slideshow and lock it from being changed? 118183
  10. All registry commands of privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    All registry commands of privacy settings?: Hi, Can anyone share all cmd registry commands of privacy settings (general, camera, location, etc.) so i can apply all changes in one-click? I have these so far rem 1 - Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen (ADs) / Windows Spotlight reg add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set desktop slideshow using registry editor

2. command line win 10 backgroudn slideshow

3. command line to set desktop slideshow