Windows 10: Set Different Dates On Dual Boot?

Discus and support Set Different Dates On Dual Boot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a multi-boot (10, 7 & XP) system and would like to change the date on 7 or XP to Feb. 2012. Is it possible? With all the utilities out there,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caxtin, Jun 18, 2016.

1. caxtin Win User

Set Different Dates On Dual Boot?

I have a multi-boot (10, 7 & XP) system and would like to change the date on 7 or XP to Feb. 2012. Is it possible? With all the utilities out there, surprised I could not find any on line. Thought with virtual-everything these days, there should be a utility to control the date on the other OS. Just checking if it is possible. Will still keep the main OS (Win10) at current date and time (Time Zone).
    Thanks in advance.

:)

caxtin, Jun 18, 2016
  2. hanlon90 Win User

How to set different ring tones in dual sim?

I agree and switched to Android. Just a word of warning to others doing the same - I initially went for a Sony and it had this feature. However when I upgraded it to marshmallow the option disappeared. I queried this with Sony who said it was the o/s
    that did that.

that is nonsense as I then changed to a Samsung running marshmallow and subsequently to an LG G4 and both work fine.

But it is worth checking that the facility is available as it is widespread but not universal on android.

hanlon90, Jun 18, 2016
  3. How to set different ring tones in dual sim?

That pertains only to notifications and not ringtones which are not present on this list.

MaciekP_666, Jun 18, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 7 and Windows XP should both have options in the adjust date and time settings to turn off automatic time setting over the internet. The problem, I believe, is that the operating system also updates the system clock in bios/UEFI. So when you boot into Windows 10, it would change the system clock in bios/UEFI to the current time. Then when you return to Windows 7 or XP, upon booting the OS would read the system clock in bios/UEFI and startup with that date/time setting.

NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2016
  5. Ditto. If you turn off time sync, and then adjust the time manually, it will likely get set in the BIOS to match. Then on the next boot into Windows 10, it will sync and reset it to the correct time and date. Wash rinse and repeat. Why Feb. 2012?

alphanumeric, Jun 18, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Time sync has always been a PITA with Dual boots.

bro67, Jun 19, 2016
  7. caxtin Win User
    Looks like you miss-read my message. I do NOT want it to "sync". I would like Win10 to be correct time and date and XP to maintain (unsync) amd maintain and start from February 2012. Guess it is not possible since you mentioned the BIOS system time control.

caxtin, Jun 19, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

You might be able to create a powershell script or bat file that runs upon booting which resets the date/time to what you want.

NavyLCDR, Jun 19, 2016
  9. caxtin Win User
    Yep. That's what I am looking for. A bat file or a utility to install. Can't write scripts for OSs. Just wondering if anyone has come across such. Thanks though.

caxtin, Jun 19, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I believe the bat file command for setting the date would be:

date 02-01-2012

The format is date mm-dd-yyyy

Set Different Dates On Dual Boot? [​IMG]

Set Different Dates On Dual Boot? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 19, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Did not misread anything. This problem has been long going with Dual boot aystems not having one OS installed sync properly, since the bios clock is affected by the first OS booted up forthe day.

Been doing this for over 30 years and the UTC problem can only be solved if you force a clock update when logging into the OS.

bro67, Jun 19, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    Clock is physical/electronic device. OS doesn't have a clock, it just reads time/date from BIOS.

CountMike, Jun 19, 2016
  13. caxtin Win User

Sometimes the English language gets the best of me!
    May not have meant it the way you thought. Why I used the word "mis-read" was because, when I googled for information, I kept seeing the word 'sync' and people who want to sync their main boot to the other boots in the machine. I am the opposite. So, the word "sync" kinda makes me feel I was being directed in the other direction. So, 'bro67' don't be offended by that.

Wish I could find a utility that would keep the date I need by independently reading from the BIOS and maintaining the date I specify.

Since this laptop is an old spare I have always had, I just set the date back to what I needed (which affects all the rest of the OSs in it. That's okay. I went to the system and set it not to correct the clock from internet or time change. Guess this will work!

caxtin, Jun 20, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    That is okay. There is actually a Registry fix for this UTC problem. There are some third party programs also that will update time when booting up.

And yes it is a PITA with either Dual Boot, or having to use say Clonezilla to back up a system.

bro67, Jun 21, 2016
  15. I'm asking only out of curiosity, but what would be the point of doing this? It seems like it is a path towards issues and instability.

DeaconFrost, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Set Different Dates On Dual Boot? - Similar Threads - Set Different Dates

2. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  3. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  4. Dual boot windows 10 from different ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot windows 10 from different ssd: HiI dual boot windows 10 to a second ssd in view of trying windows 11. In the UEFI i can see only one boot manager which belongs to primary ssd but i can see the second installation files are in the second drive and both versions are working fine.why couldnt i see boot...
  5. Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Windows Settings - Different: Hi Team, I have recently purchased 2 monitors with different Specs as below. I am having issues getting the monitor settings to be the same. Both Monitors are set at 100% scaling yet Monitor 1 appears to be zoomed less than monitor 2. I want both monitors to look alike as...
  6. Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives

Dual Boot Windows 10 On Different Drives: I would just like to get confirmation on whether it is possible or not to dual boot two Windows 10 installations on separate drives with the same boot manager. For information I have tried using bcdedit and EasyBCD, and it works flawlessly on two partitions on thesame...
  7. Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Dual Boot Different Hard Drives?: Hi all, I have two seperate SSDs and I would like to install two seperate win10 for dual boot. I do not want to parition part of one hard drive and have both windows on one ssd. Ive tried searching but can only find articles on dual boot seperate ssd with Windows and linux....
  8. Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions

Dual Boot on Same Drive, different partitions: I have two partitions: -Partition One has Windows -Partition Two has a Linux Distro If i reinstall Windows on Partition One and opt to remove everything will it also include wiping Partition Two with the Linux Distro? submitted by /u/AlphaXexia [link] [comments]...
  9. Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10

Dual Boot: 2 different Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am having a little bit of trouble and hoping you guys can help me out. I want to set up a dual boot with two different versions of Windows 10. The first (and primary) would be the 2004 update with my primary C drive, the second would be a flash drive with...
  10. Dual boot settings needed

Dual boot settings needed: I can not find this one and would appreciate a lot same of your help. I have two OSs, Windows 10 x32 (needed for some software) or OS1 and Windows x64 or OS2 on separate hard drives. What is the problem? If I boot and load Windows 10 x32 and make shutdown, after I start...