Windows 10: Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user

Discus and support Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, For a kiosk user running ShellLauncher with custom .NET desktop app i would like to set the keyboard layout to be different than the default input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardWin10, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user

Hi,
    For a kiosk user running ShellLauncher with custom .NET desktop app i would like to set the keyboard layout to be different than the default input locale. The kiosk user needs a danish keyboard layout (with US language). The default input locale is set to en-US.
    The problem is that an administrator should be able to log on to the system using a usb keyboard and using the en-US keyboard layout (otherwise password cannot be entered). The kiosk user uses only an on-screen keyboard layout which should be danish.
    In the image creation process i used <InputLocale>en-US;da-DK</InputLocale> in unattend.xml (sysprep) which configures the two keyboard layouts in windows, but i have no way to select the danish layout for the kiosk user and US layout for the Admin.
    I am using Windows 10 Iot ENT LTSB 2016.
    Who has a solution for this? I was thinking about some kind of logon script to set the keyboard layout, but i do not know how to create such a script.

:)

RichardWin10, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Keyboard layout

Open Advanced Language Settings:

Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge.)

Two settings here to check:

1. Override the default input language with your preferred input language, even if there's only one language on the list
    2. Don't let websites access the language list
    To be sure that the correct settings will be used for all user accounts created later, copy the settings:

3. mesoboy Win User
    Keyboard settings not working on user accounts

This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows set on British English. For my admin account this works fine - there is an English and French input method available in the language settings in Control Panel (and I can even switch to an English keyboard layout, if I want, with the language settings 'button' in the righthand side of the task bar).
    I would like to set up a user account for my son, which I have done, but it opens up with an English keyboard layout. I go into the language settings, but only the English keyboard is available as an input method. I add the French keyboard, but I cannot switch to this keyboard - there is no language button in the task bar and windows+space doesn't do anything. I've even tried deleting the English keyboard layout to leave just the French. The language settings now show only the French keyboard, but Windows still stubbornly insists on staying with the English layout! What do I have to do to get the User Account to work with the French keyboard?

Any help would be gratefully welcome.

mesoboy, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Nils_943 Win User

Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user

Unable to change keyboard layout for second user account in Windows 10

I'm puzzled by the behaviour of the keyboard layout in Windows 10. After creating a second user account besides my admin account, I am unable to change the keyboard layout to English (UK) for this account. This is mostly because in the language settings
    in the control panel, English (UK) is already set as the primary language, and removing English (US) doesn't help either, as it just comes back right away.

Further, I can't switch between keyboard layouts with the Win+Space shortcut. How can I enable the UK layout (which is working perfectly fine in my admin account)?

Nils_943, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user

1. Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user - Similar Threads - Set different keyboard

2. Apps and Settings For Different User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps and Settings For Different User: I would like to disable installing and uninstalling apps from child's user account . How can I do that . And also I want multiple files not accessible from child's user account how to do that. My friends are uninstalling Firefox from settings and its getting removed from...
  3. menu search result differences between admin and users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    menu search result differences between admin and users: I recently saw an article showing 10 ways to open Disk Management on Windows 10. The first method was simply to open the start menu and type in disk management. The start menu should then show a result named Create and format hard disk partitions. When I tried this on my own...
  4. whats the difference between admin and admin user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    whats the difference between admin and admin user: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/residentofsanandreas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hux92h/whats_the_difference_between_admin_and_admin_user/
  5. User to admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User to admin: Hello. I only have one account on my pc and I have transformed it into an user account. Now I can't access the admin privileges. How should Ichange it back to an admin account and create a new user account?...
  6. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.: I'd like a choice where I can backup file history for both Admin and user. But they recognize different drives for that purpose. Shouldn't they recognize all of them? Both accounts? Here's a screenshot of what I have attached. This seems strange. [img] 151130
  7. Windows keyboard layouts on multiple user accounts issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard layouts on multiple user accounts issue: On my laptop, I have two user accounts. The Turkish language pack is installed on the second account. The Arabic and English packs are installed on both accounts. My problem is: On the first account, the Turkish keyboard layout is shown in the language bar in task bar, but...
  8. Different Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different Users: I have a computer that I own but was used thru Raymond James a Company. I had 3 users Daniel King, Nancy Wiles and Patrick King I had Turbo Tax loaded on for the last 3 years. Under Daniel King, We all left Raymond James, I can get on the computer as Patrick King but I...
  9. User to Admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User to Admin: I don't have an administrator account on my laptop. I checked it in CMD and it say's defaultuser1, I can't change my account to admin because it say's I don't have the rights. Please help! Thanks!...
  10. User accounts and users are different

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kiosk input language