Windows 10: Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

Discus and support Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brenoxNF, Sep 1, 2019.

1. brenoxNF Win User

Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display (which is only capable of 1600x900) and the TV so my laptop screen looks blurry as the Desktop resolution is 3840x2160 and the Active signal resolution 1600x900.

My question is: how do I make my laptop screen output its native 1600x900, and the TV its native 3840x2160 while duplicating the displays?

I have only managed to set one resolution for both displays.

Thank you!

:)

brenoxNF, Sep 1, 2019

2. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings"

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue with the monitors?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What happens when you try to duplicate the monitors?

I suggest you to try changing the display ports of the monitors and check if the second monitor is getting detected.

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try rolling back the driver.

To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand Display adaptor.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA
      Drivers and select Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Method 2: Change the screen resolution.

1. Go to Settings>System>Display.
    2. Under Resolution, set the resolution as 1024 x 768.
    3. Set the same resolution on the other monitor.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Problem with resolutions on a duplicated display

Hi there, thanks for your question.

If you're duplicating your display, the resolutions will be duplicated as well. You won't be able to display different resolutions between your PC and TV.

You'll need to Extend the display, which can be done by pressing Windows Key+P and selecting Extend.

More information on multiple displays and extending your desktop can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/434033...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays - Similar Threads - Set different resolution

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  3. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  4. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  5. Display Resolution set to 1024x768 when not using the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Resolution set to 1024x768 when not using the monitor: I work at a software company. We have three computers with windows10 that share one monitor using a KVM switch. These three computers run automated tests every night i.e. opening a browser, navigating to our website, and testing various parts of it to make sure it works as we...
  6. Display Resolution set to 1024x768 when not using the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Resolution set to 1024x768 when not using the monitor: I work at a software company. We have three computers with windows10 that share one monitor using a KVM switch. These three computers run automated tests every night i.e. opening a browser, navigating to our website, and testing various parts of it to make sure it works as we...
  7. Display Resolution set to 1024x768 when not using the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings: [ATTACH] So I just got a new monitor and I'm using my old one as a second monitor. It's portrait, 1080p, and 24 inches while my new monitor is landscape, 4k, and 27 inches. In display settings, the portrait monitor is somehow shorter than the landscape monitor. I was...
  9. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  10. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 different resolution monitors

2. duplicate display hdmi different resolution

3. windows 10 duplicate these displays set resolution

4. how to set each monitor resolution sdave,
  5. windows 10 duplicate display different resolution,
  6. windows 10 connect pc to tv duplicating displays with different resolutions