Windows 10: Set dowload location specific to apps???

Discus and support Set dowload location specific to apps??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I really need to find a way to tell certain apps to dowload in a different place than other apps... I know that chrome offers an option to set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Timo27, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Timo27 Win User

Set dowload location specific to apps???

I really need to find a way to tell certain apps to dowload in a different place than other apps...

I know that chrome offers an option to set the dowload location seperately, but until now, only browsers have added this feature but no regular apps (like Teams).

Also, if anyone finds a solution that requires programming, then i'd also like to know if its possible to tell an app to dowload content to one folder when the time is (for example) between 5:00 to 6:15 and to a different folder if its 6:16 to 7:00...

(but that might be asking to much i guess)

Help would be much appreaciated...

:)

Timo27, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Sep 27, 2019
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Set dowload location specific to apps???

Cortana and Location Settings

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.
    Also suggest you to check if similar issue persists on another user account.

Create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Set dowload location specific to apps???

1. Set dowload location specific to apps??? - Similar Threads - Set dowload location

2. Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location: I recently noticed an issue where my riot client is opening smaller then normal and half outside my monitor. It is only happening with this application, but the app doesn't have any settings for me to change. I'm starting to think it's a windows problem because it occurred...
  3. Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location: I recently noticed an issue where my riot client is opening smaller then normal and half outside my monitor. It is only happening with this application, but the app doesn't have any settings for me to change. I'm starting to think it's a windows problem because it occurred...
  4. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup: Hi, I'm using the default windows backup. I want to have 1 folder backup to a specific location on my network drive. I was able to set the specific folder to backup, but I'm unable to set a specific location for the backup, for now it only let me backup to the root folder of...
  5. Settings App File Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings App File Location: I am trying to find the exact file location of the settings app in windows 10 for a program called Rainmeter. I found a thread on this website from way back in 2016 in which a person from Microsoft had answered this question by giving the file path. But when I go to the file,...
  6. Folder location of Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder location of Settings app: Hi, I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to usems-settings: directly from the prompt. However I'm unaware of the program's path. In another thread it was suggested it can be found inC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but attempting to gain permission to the...
  7. Install app settings location?

Install app settings location?: I recently found my old laptop updated to windows 10, and I'm trying to install an app that is not available on the Microsoft store. It notifies me that the app is not on the store via pop-up, and gives me the option to change my app recommendation settings. However when I...
  8. Can't set default save location to specific drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't set default save location to specific drive.: I can't set the default save location for new apps to my F or G drives. It gives me an error message with code 0x80070005. [ATTACH]I also can't download games or apps to the F or G drive of my computer. I checked the disk reset the windows store, used DISM and changed the...
  9. Location Setting for web apps

Location Setting for web apps: How do I set a different location for my web apps on windows 10. Actually it's Windows 8 that has been upgraded to Windows 10 Thank you, P.S. Im trying to set my locations so it says I'm from a different state because im trying to get rid of a Stalker, Please Help Me!...
  10. locate a specific app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locate a specific app: I can not arrange apps where I can find to one I want. Can they be arranged alphabetically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-a-specific-app/4132a94b-e728-41d7-9f86-860ccd7baa42