Windows 10: set english as default

Discus and support set english as default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, i would appreciate if someone could help set english as the default language for my pc. ive seen various yt videos where there is the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KostasAa, Jul 10, 2018.

1. KostasAa Win User

set english as default

hello, i would appreciate if someone could help set english as the default language for my pc. ive seen various yt videos where there is the option 'set as default'. but this option doesnt pop up to my settings. thank you

:)

KostasAa, Jul 10, 2018

2. Unable to set default language to English

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Apologies for the delayed response.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to understand the issue. Please provide us with the below details for better clarity.

• Did you try to add English using the steps suggested by Wungraileng Vashi
      on November 1, 2015?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to add English as your default language?

Please get back to us with the above details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Unable to set default language to English

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to change the default language to English. I will be glad to assist you with this.

If you haven't tried the steps below, please try and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click on "Time and Language".

3. Click on "Region and Language" on the left pane.

4. From the drop down list, choose the appropriate country for receiving localized content.

5. Under "language" click on English and click on "set as default".

6. If "English" is not available, you can click on "add language" and select the language.

7. Click on "set as default".

8. Once that is set, you can click on the other languages and choose to remove it.

9. Click on "additional date, time and regional settings".

10. Under "region" click on "change location" and make sure the home

location is set correctly.

11. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Do let us know if this works. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

set english as default

Cannot set English as the default language

I had opposite problem. I had English as my default language and after updating Win 10 to latest Windows 10 version 1511 I can no longer set English as default display and system language and had to revert to the former version of Windows. An assistant from
    Microsoft who remotely connected to my laptop couldn't figure out the problem too.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• How were you trying to change the language back to English in your Windows 10?
    • What is the default language set in your computer?
    • Are you getting an error when changing the language?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

set english as default

1. set english as default - Similar Threads - set english default

2. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!: I just purchased a new PC. It arrived with the Italian keyboard, as expected, but also with Italian version of Windows 10 Pro. On my PCs I use Italian keyboard and Italian locale, but ALWAYS English language for operating system and applications.Setting English as the default...
  3. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!: I just purchased a new PC. It arrived with the Italian keyboard, as expected, but also with Italian version of Windows 10 Pro. On my PCs I use Italian keyboard and Italian locale, but ALWAYS English language for operating system and applications.Setting English as the default...
  4. It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...: I have a customer who types in multiple languages, the main ones being English and German. He prefers to have his display language as English, and wants to use the German keyboard, so the simplest solution has been to use English Germany, as this also allows him to keep other...
  5. It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...

It seems that using the default language setting English Germany causes issues with...: I have a customer who types in multiple languages, the main ones being English and German. He prefers to have his display language as English, and wants to use the German keyboard, so the simplest solution has been to use English Germany, as this also allows him to keep other...
  6. English Canada defaults to English UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  7. Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English

Language Keyword Keeps Defaulting Back To English: I have two customized keyboard language settings: English EN (US) and English DV (US - Dvorak). My most frequent usage is with English DV, but Windows 10 keeps defaulting back to English EN which causes me to toggle back endlessly. Is it possible to set English DV as my...
  8. setting up english

setting up english: i want sewtting up english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-english/a9704e1c-e4bf-467a-b089-b8911acdda40
  9. How to set default on screen input method to English in surface pro 6?

How to set default on screen input method to English in surface pro 6?: I use Trad. Chinese as my display language and so I choose Chinese keyboard layout. The keyboard can switch between Trad. Chinese and English without changing the keyboard layout. However, every time I click on text field, Chinese input show first. Since I nearly type English...
  10. Problem with setting English language

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with setting English language: Hello Everyone, As I travel to the north on regular occasions, I bought a Lenovo G585 laptop in Spain, where I live. It had W.7.Home Premium installed in Spanish. I have now upgraded it with the free installation of W.10. As with all things downloaded in Spain, there is...