Windows 10: Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout

Discus and support Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I currently have 4 options for my languagesEnglish US - US KeyboardEnglish UK - German KeyboardEnglish UK - UK KeyboardGerman - German KeyboardI have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CPF123456789, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout

I currently have 4 options for my languagesEnglish US - US KeyboardEnglish UK - German KeyboardEnglish UK - UK KeyboardGerman - German KeyboardI have a German laptop, so having the German keyboard layout is essential, so that I can actually see what I am going to type. I would however like to have English US as my input language, because I am American and it is frustrating to constantly get spellcheck errors due to spelling differences between US and UK English.Having a different language from your keyboard layout is clearly possible because I have the option of English UK with German Keyboard

:)

CPF123456789, Jul 7, 2021
  2. outlw Win User

Windows 10 Mobile QWERTZ Keyboard Layout (German) with English Proofing

Hello Community!

I am having a bit of an issue with the Keyboard settings in Windows 10 Mobile and am hoping that there is simply an easy setting I am overlooking somewhere.

As a professional using Windows Mobile in Germany, I am required to work professionally in English, while still using German for my private communications.

The issue I am having is this; with English set as the display and proofing language, selecting the QWERTZ (German) keyboard layout automatically changes the proofing language back to German.

I am able to use the QWERTY (English) keyboard layout (all other settings being the same) with English proofing, but this absolutely destroys my typing productivity.

So my question is this, how can I keep the English Display and Proofing settings while having a QWERTZ keyboard layout?

I am sure the setting is somewhere, but I am completely lost trying to find it!

Thanks in advance!

outlw, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout

Change keyboard lanuage layout

I had a similar problem, except that I have a Swiss German keyboard but work in English. At first, I could only get the correct keyboard layout by changing the primary system language to German, which was not my preference. Eventually I figured out this,
    better solution on Windows 10 (which maintains the system language as English but the keyboard layout as Swiss German).

Go to Settings > Time and Language > Region and Language > Additional date, time and region settings

In Clock, Language, and Region, go to Language > Change input methods

Here you will see all the language packs you have selected for your computer (in my case, English, French and German). In each, click on Options

Under Input Options, choose Add an input method, and select the appropriate keyboard layout from the list. Be sure to save. Remove all other keyboard layouts.

Repeat for all other languages on your list.

Kristen Jafflin, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout

1. Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Set Input Display

2. German keyboard need English symbols help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard need English symbols help: Hi, hope someone can help. I have bought a German HP Pro Book x360 11 G3 EE Windows 11 I think laptop thinking what a great deal... that lasted 10 minutes.... so, I have managed to change everything to English, however the laptop's physical keyboard is in German. Now, I have...
  3. German keyboard need English symbols help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    German keyboard need English symbols help: Hi, hope someone can help. I have bought a German HP Pro Book x360 11 G3 EE Windows 11 I think laptop thinking what a great deal... that lasted 10 minutes.... so, I have managed to change everything to English, however the laptop's physical keyboard is in German. Now, I have...
  4. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  5. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  6. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  7. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  8. Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output

Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output: Hi, I've been interested in adding Korean as a language to my computer, but realize that after installing it, and begin to type with Korean selected, it uses the Korean keyboard layout instead of the Qwerty layout. I see no options for this in the settings, nor does Google...
  9. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  10. English/German Keyboard-language issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    English/German Keyboard-language issue: Hello there. I've recently installed the German language keyboard onto my American keyboard. I've done this in the past on other computers and didn't seem to have an issue. I have this on my laptop currently, also no issue. However, only on this computer--my...