Windows 10: Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

Discus and support Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to make hiragana input the default in Japanese IME? I know that there are keyboard shortcuts but that is not the answer. This issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kurotowa_525, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

Is there any way to make hiragana input the default in Japanese IME? I know that there are keyboard shortcuts but that is not the answer. This issue has been described in more detail at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japaneses-ime-in-hiragana-by-default/9eac7cb4-f28d-4fa2-a040-c081697d0928#windows

:)

Kurotowa_525, Jul 21, 2021

2. Can't type hiragana on Japanese IME keyboard after updating to Windows 10

Microsoft support suggests that you can use the hotkeys
    to switch between input modes quickly:
    • Press + to change the input language
    • Press + to change to Hiragana
    • Press + to change to Katakana
    • Press + to toggle between alphanumeric and kana modes
    As a side note: if you were really intent on making Hiragana your default input, you could write an
    AutoHotkey script to do this for you. However, this involves understanding that scripting language.

source:
    http://superuser.com/questions/180188/microsoft-ime-japanese-force-hiragana-input-by-default?rq=1

Andre Da Costa, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Changing Microsoft IME language input default. It doesn't to default to Hiragana in Japanese.

I installed windows 10 with an English keyboard and activated Microsoft IME for Japanese but every time I switch from English to Japanese the input mode is japanese alphanumeric and I always have to select hiragana to type in japanese.

Hiragana is already set as the default input mode under IME preferences but it still never comes up first. There was solution for windows 7 but settings were different for windows 10.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who knows could help me solving this problem.

AkihitoWada, Jul 21, 2021
  4. sclewien Win User

Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

Japanese IME - default mode

Why is there no way to set default mode to input romaji into hiragana? I hate switching keyboards and then having to press ALT+~ to switch between hiragana and the useless English keyboard mode. I do not want to type in English when I am using the Japanese
    keyboard mode. WHY CAN'T I SET HIRAGANA AS DEFAULT?

sclewien, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

1. Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default - Similar Threads - Set Japanese IME

2. Japanese Keyboard Hiragana as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Keyboard Hiragana as default: I want to open up again this discussion Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Communityit seems that nothing changed since 2014 and we still cannot have hiragana set as default on the Japanese keyboard. When one changes from LaguangeX-Keyboard to Japanese-Keyboard...
  3. Japanese Keyboard Hiragana as default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Keyboard Hiragana as default: I want to open up again this discussion Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Communityit seems that nothing changed since 2014 and we still cannot have hiragana set as default on the Japanese keyboard. When one changes from LaguangeX-Keyboard to Japanese-Keyboard...
  4. Japanese IME shortcut settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME shortcut settings: Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have changed.It became literally the Japanese keyboard layout where normally [ would become @ on the physical keyboard.I want to change...
  5. Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana: I just installed the Japanese language package but I cannot switch from "Direct input" to "Hiragata" or other option. I've re-installed the package, tried some advised solutions in the previous threads about same problem, but no luck....
  6. Japanese IME - default mode

Japanese IME - default mode: Why is there no way to set default mode to input romaji into hiragana? I hate switching keyboards and then having to press ALT+~ to switch between hiragana and the useless English keyboard mode. I do not want to type in English when I am using the Japanese keyboard mode. WHY...
  7. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?: I have just read the answer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/japanese-ime-hiragana-toggle-keys/3b2ffa3e-29ee-4d5a-b65b-dc67c9c869fc and while ALT+SHIFT works as it should for toggling language, the suggested ALT+~...
  8. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  9. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  10. Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore: I don't know since when, but I can't change my input method to hiragana anymore. The "A" in the taskbar doesn't show up anymore, it's just the language that shows up (when using different languages)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. japanese ime windows 10 hiragana default