Windows 10: Set Job Title Using PowerShell

Discus and support Set Job Title Using PowerShell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to write a PS script to update the job title for users in AD. I was given a CSV file with a list of users email address and I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jlopez92, Dec 8, 2021.

1. jlopez92 Win User

Set Job Title Using PowerShell

I'm trying to write a PS script to update the job title for users in AD. I was given a CSV file with a list of users email address and I'm using that.This is what my CSV file looks like:"ProfessionalEmail","Job Title""*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"," A POS"This is what my script looks like.Import-Module ActiveDirectoryImport-CSV -Path "pathforfile.csv" Foreach-Object {# properties from the csv$mail = $_.ProfessionalEmail$title = $_.Job TitleGet-ADUser -Filter {mail -eq "$mail"} Set-ADUser -Title $title}Update:After running the scrip, PS does not return feedback and the AD attribute does not update for

:)

jlopez92, Dec 8, 2021

2. Issue faced when PowerShell script executed through SQL Server Agent Job

I have a PowerShell script that searches for an excel file at a particular location, if found copies it as a CSV file to another location.

This CSV is used as a source in ADF - Copy Activity.

This script is not interacting with any database, nor performing any db tasks - just reading an excel and converting it to CSV at particular location.

It is working fine as intended, when executed through PowerShell ISE, but when I scheduled it as a SQL server agent job it is not doing anything. The job successfully as per the message in Job History, but it does not do anything. The message says :

=====================================================================================

The job succeeded. The Job was invoked by User PMCI\VermaRachna. The last step to run was step 1 (Load_Radiotherapy_Machine_Utilization_File_Org_Src).

Executed as user: PMCI\SVC_DASH_SQLDevAGT. The step did not generate any output. Process Exit Code 0. The step succeeded.

=====================================================================================

I have scheduled the Job with type as "Powershell" and the script code is pasted in Command area of the Job Step.

Since I am not getting any error message how do I know what is the issue due to which script is not doing anything when run through SQL Server agent job. Can some one help with this please. I can share the script code if required.

Verma Rachna, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 8, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Set Job Title Using PowerShell - Similar Threads - Set Job Title

2. How to apply the GPO settings by using PowerShell scripts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to apply the GPO settings by using PowerShell scripts.: Hello Team,We required your help to create the GPO settings via PowerShell script. example : I would like to apply the GPO settings to turn of the handwriting recognition error reporting via from PowerShell.I know how to apply the settings by manually to navigate the path...
  3. Windows Settings Incorrect Titles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings Incorrect Titles: Hello,I did windows update 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for arm64-based Systems KB5018496 today and my settings app is now showing as below, which is clearly incorrect as the titles are mostly incorrect I have windows insider programme Release...
  4. Windows Settings Incorrect Titles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings Incorrect Titles: Hello,I did windows update 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for arm64-based Systems KB5018496 today and my settings app is now showing as below, which is clearly incorrect as the titles are mostly incorrect I have windows insider programme Release...
  5. PowerShell or command to change printer properties for job to FAX and Saved Settings to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell or command to change printer properties for job to FAX and Saved Settings to...: I'm trying to automate fax's from a share drive that we send out many times a day. I've found that I can remotely print a file to my printer and change the print job type to fax. When I go to print I have the option to open the printer properties and a window driver options?...
  6. PowerShell or command to change printer properties for job to FAX and Saved Settings to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell or command to change printer properties for job to FAX and Saved Settings to...: I'm trying to automate fax's from a share drive that we send out many times a day. I've found that I can remotely print a file to my printer and change the print job type to fax. When I go to print I have the option to open the printer properties and a window driver options?...
  7. PowerShell or command to change printer properties for job to FAX and Saved Settings to...

8. Set Job Title Using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Job Title Using PowerShell: I'm trying to write a PS script to update the job title for users in AD. I was given a CSV file with a list of users email address and I'm using that.This is what my CSV file looks like:"ProfessionalEmail","Job Title""*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"," A POS"This...
  9. Set Job Title Using PowerShell

Set Job Title Using PowerShell: I'm trying to write a PS script to update the job title for users in AD. I was given a CSV file with a list of users email address and I'm using that.This is what my CSV file looks like:"ProfessionalEmail","Job Title""*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"," A POS"This...
  10. Settings using powershell/cmd?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings using powershell/cmd?: Is there a way to manage settings using command line/powershell? Thanks. 124376