Windows 10: Set language during installation with Windows Configuration Designer

Discus and support Set language during installation with Windows Configuration Designer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have 50 devices delievered with a preinstalled Windows 10. The goal is to use the preinstalled OEM image. When startging the devices for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nalfeindevir, May 17, 2019.

1. Set language during installation with Windows Configuration Designer

Hello I have 50 devices delievered with a preinstalled Windows 10. The goal is to use the preinstalled OEM image. When startging the devices for the first time, they start with OOBE. I want to automate the OOBE with unattend.xml. I can do that by creating a script and adding it in provisioningcommands in WCD package.
    However I read that the unatted file will be deprecated and that I have to "create" the answer file directly with WCD.
    Unfortunately I cannot find in the runtime settings all that I need.
    In particular it seems that there is not the section where I can set up the language and the EULA acceptance.
    Is that true that soon we cannot unse unattend file? And if so where are the sections for lang and EULA in runtime settings?

Thank you for answer

:)

Nalfeindevir, May 17, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 17, 2019
  3. DavidY Win User
    ADK 10: Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer

I've just tried this and was rather surprised to find it created an install disk for me which actually installed Windows.

I had to use the 'Production Media' option in the ICD to make the 'Compact OS' option appear, but when I copied the resultant files onto a VHD and pointed it at a VM with a completely blanked disk, it installed automatically up to the normal Setup screen where you choose your language/region.

When I'd installed it, I could see that the apps I'd saved before (Firefox etc.) were there, and also some customisations I put into the ICD - for instance see the System screen below.

Set language during installation with Windows Configuration Designer [​IMG]

The only thing I'm not sure about is how to check whether the Compact function worked.... Hmmm.

DavidY, May 17, 2019
  4. Set language during installation with Windows Configuration Designer

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Set language during installation with Windows Configuration Designer

1. Set language during installation with Windows Configuration Designer - Similar Threads - Set language during

2. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization: Hello,I am beginning to use the Windows Configuration Designer in order to create PPKGs, and I wanted to clarify:When creating a PPKG for a laptop, should I be using the Windows mobile devices option, or the Windows desktop devices option?Any help will be appreciated, thank...
  3. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization: Hello,I am beginning to use the Windows Configuration Designer in order to create PPKGs, and I wanted to clarify:When creating a PPKG for a laptop, should I be using the Windows mobile devices option, or the Windows desktop devices option?Any help will be appreciated, thank...
  4. Windows Configuration Designer Laptop categorization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Design Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Design Language: why is windows ui across the board so inconsistent. the acrylic is different in all apps and ui elements, some live tiles are not following accent colour and other apps are just a cluttered mess. Why does the Microsoft Design Team only release videos with empty promises for...
  6. Windows Configuration Designer and Language packs

Windows Configuration Designer and Language packs: I have just started to use the Windows Designer App and it was a really nice experience, but I have searched how to install and set the system default language pack at install with no luck.. We have bought a bunch of new laptops for people working at home with the Covid...
  7. Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk: I create a provisioning package using the Kiosk icon in WCD. The following parameters are what I specified Set up device - disabled, the computer is already named Set up Network - disabled, wired network not wifi Account Management - disabled Add applications - none...
  8. Windows 10 1909 reboots on Language settings during clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1909 reboots on Language settings during clean install: Hi! Let me tell you the whole enchilada: On Q4 2017 I upgraded my PC: AMD Ryzen 7 1700, ASUS Prime x370-Pro, 500GB Samsung NVMe M.2 (and a 4TB Seagate HDD for media and file storage), 16GB (2x8gb) DDR4 G.Skillz TridentZ 3200mhz RAM, EVGA 600W Bronze PSU, Zotac's NVIDIA...
  9. Windows Configuration Designer - set password on never expire

Windows Configuration Designer - set password on never expire: Hi Everyone, I have a noob question. I want to test the Windows Configuration Designer. But i didn't see an option for set the password of localadmin to "never expire". Some one know where is it ? Or it's by default ? thanks by advance !...
  10. Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser: The KioskBrowser settings appear to be empty in the Windows Configuration Designer. Has anyone encountered this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-configuration-designer-kiosk-browser/a4db6b73-57e8-4bad-a4b7-f5edb03f31d8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows configuration designer language