Windows 10: Set Left Button as Primary

Discus and support Set Left Button as Primary in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by srfpala, May 30, 2019.

1. srfpala Win User

Set Left Button as Primary

In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set.What do you suggest ?Bob

:)

srfpala, May 30, 2019

2. Taskbar left click and right click not working

Hi Regors,

Thanks for the update.

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Do you get context menu on right clicking on the icons located on the task bar?

• Are you unable to use the left click mouse option only on the taskbar icons?

• What is the primary mouse button set at Mouse settings?

You might have changed the primary mouse button settings from the
    Mouse
    settings page on Windows. To check the primary mouse button set on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mouse & touchpad settings and select the top most search result.

• From the left side panel of the window, check if
      Select your primary button
      under Mouse is set to
      Left
      . If not, select Left from the dropdown bar.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 30, 2019
  3. Left click not working and right click working

HI Milan,

You might have changed the primary mouse button settings from the Mouse settings page on Windows. To check the primary mouse button set on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Mouse & touchpad settings and select the top most search result.

• From the left side panel of the window, check if Select your primary button under Mouse is set to Left. If not, select Left from
      the dropdown bar.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, May 30, 2019
  4. Set Left Button as Primary

Primary Mouse Button

This issue seems to be cropping up for many people. I have an HP Pavilion and have followed all the advice but the primary button is set as "right" but randomly defaults to "left" even though the setting is showing right. It can work for a while and
    then changes. How can I get this sorted? As a left handed person is it really inconvenient and uncomfortable to have the left button as the primary. I have tried resetting it under mouse options and have used the reset option on the touchpad settings which
    does make it work as a right primary button intitially but then it changes back whilst I am using it.

HelenSmanc, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Set Left Button as Primary

1. Set Left Button as Primary - Similar Threads - Set Left Button

2. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.: I use my left hand to operate my mouse. So in Mouse settings I, of course, set the Primary Button to Right. But when I LEFT-click a web link, much of the time the mouse acts as though I clicked the Primary RIGHT button! Sometimes the Primary action occurs AND the context menu...
  3. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.: I use my left hand to operate my mouse. So in Mouse settings I, of course, set the Primary Button to Right. But when I LEFT-click a web link, much of the time the mouse acts as though I clicked the Primary RIGHT button! Sometimes the Primary action occurs AND the context menu...
  4. When mouse is set to primary button Right, left-click context menu is unreliable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Touchpad and Mouse Primary Button Settings: Hi, Changing the primary mouse button settings in Windows also changes the touchpad settings. Is there any app or solution to let flipping the right and left mouse buttons while the laptop touchpad's right and left clicks won't be changed? P.S: I tried the Mouse Speed...
  6. Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...

Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...: Our home office has a couple of PC computers an ACER Spin laptop and a custom AMD desktop running entirely separate Windows accounts on different email addresses. The problem: When a user changes the primary button in the Settings>Mouse page on one of the computers, the...
  7. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  8. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  9. Mouse primary button setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse primary button setting: I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a laptop (mac os or windows 10) which has a normal mouse, and every time I login, I have to change the primary button setting to...
  10. Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10 How to Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can select the primary button of your mouse to be the left or right button. The primary button is...