Windows 10: Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time

Discus and support Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a folder of images I would like to use for my lock screen. I would like Windows to show a different image from the folder each time, but I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nknvn, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Nknvn Win User

Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time

I have a folder of images I would like to use for my lock screen.

I would like Windows to show a different image from the folder each time, but I would like it to stay on that one image, rather than triggering a slideshow. In the lock screen personalisation settings, I have no problem getting either the Picture or the Slideshow options to work, it's just that neither is exactly what I want.

Anyone know how I can achieve this, either from Windows Settings or using alternative software?

:)

Nknvn, Feb 13, 2021

2. lock screen not showing photo i set...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We need few information.

• What is the Windows 10 version?
    • Did you made any recent changes on the PC?
    • Does the lock screen picture changes all the time?

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Press Windows and I from the keyboard.
    2. Click on Personalization, then click
      Lock screen from the left pane.
    3. Set the Background as
      picture
      , select the picture you want to setup under Choose your picture.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 13, 2021
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Feb 13, 2021
  4. pepanee Win User

Different Lock Screen Picture When Turning On The Computer

Hi, this is a weird bug that I've noticed which is a little different and I prefer to have my Lock Screen picture as the picture when the computer boots up.
    (Note: I am the only administrator, and there's only this account on my computer)

Every time I boot the computer, and Windows starts to load, this picture which I call "Inside The Man Cave" shows up when Windows logs into my account:

Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time [​IMG]

Yet I have set my Lock Screen picture as this:

Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time [​IMG]

How can I have the picture of the Girl Playing Music For The Birds as the picture that would show instead of being Inside The Man Cave?

Thanks.

pepanee, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Set lock screen to show *one* *different* picture each time - Similar Threads - Set lock screen

2. Multiple BSOD different error showing each time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD different error showing each time.: Hi folks, Recently I have been having issues with my computer, out of the blue it has just started randomly showing the BSOD, each time with a different issue. I have reset the computer & also checked for driver updates however can not seem to find anything out of the...
  3. Multiple BSOD different error showing each time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD different error showing each time.: Hi folks, Recently I have been having issues with my computer, out of the blue it has just started randomly showing the BSOD, each time with a different issue. I have reset the computer & also checked for driver updates however can not seem to find anything out of the...
  4. Multiple BSOD different error showing each time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. lock screen presentation one picture at a time?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen presentation one picture at a time?: I have my lock screen to show a presentation made up of images that I put together, but I want each image to be shown individually. At times and completely random, some pictures get grouped together in some sort of collage. How can I change that?...
  6. lock screen presentation one picture at a time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen presentation one picture at a time?: I have my lock screen to show a presentation made up of images that I put together, but I want each image to be shown individually. At times and completely random, some pictures get grouped together in some sort of collage. How can I change that?...
  7. lock screen presentation one picture at a time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Two different background pictures, one for each monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two different background pictures, one for each monitor: I woke up this morning and i realised I'm not able to set up two different background images, as I said in the title. The "Set for monitor 1" and "Set for monitor 2" buttons just dissapeared and now it only shows "Set as background image" as a whole, both monitors now must...
  9. My pictures have disappeared but a different one each start shows up on one of the tiles....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pictures have disappeared but a different one each start shows up on one of the tiles....: Sometime ago I lost a lot of folders and I am trying to recover some of them. Different pics show up on a tile on the start page and if I click on it, it takes me to about half a doz that I have saved since I lost the others. Where are these coming from? Should I be able to...
  10. I Want The Sign-in Lock Screen To Show A Different Picture Each Day

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Want The Sign-in Lock Screen To Show A Different Picture Each Day: When I first installed WinX it showed a different picture each day in the "pre sign in" lock screen, either for a second or two or until I clicked the sign-in spot. Since I am the administrator I don't have to use a password to sign in, and WinX seems to sometimes, but not...