Windows 10: set longer time for screen display

Discus and support set longer time for screen display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I set the screen display to stay on longer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BetoFlores1, Jan 19, 2020.

1. set longer time for screen display

How do I set the screen display to stay on longer?

:)

BetoFlores1, Jan 19, 2020

2. Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jan 19, 2020
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Ender Win User

set longer time for screen display

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

set longer time for screen display

1. set longer time for screen display - Similar Threads - set longer screen

2. Time Display on Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Time Display on Lock Screen: Why is the tine display on my lock screen in 12 hour format when all the time settings on my computer are set to 24 hour clock display??It is not really important, but it is an annoyance!...
  3. Time Display on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Display on Lock Screen: Why is the tine display on my lock screen in 12 hour format when all the time settings on my computer are set to 24 hour clock display??It is not really important, but it is an annoyance!...
  4. Time Display on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen time recording no longer registering

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time recording no longer registering: My child has been using their computer and it used to show on my app how much they have used, however now this isn't working and continuously says "no screen time used" when this isn't the case. Why has the time amount stopped registering....
  6. Screen time recording no longer registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen time recording no longer registering: My child has been using their computer and it used to show on my app how much they have used, however now this isn't working and continuously says "no screen time used" when this isn't the case. Why has the time amount stopped registering....
  7. Screen time recording no longer registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. display time in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    display time in settings: How can I have a display time of 10 seconds in my background slideshow....windows 10 has a minimum of 1 minute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-time-in-settings/2db976d3-2dd3-4321-a015-c35da234e24a
  9. Display Settings no longer available in Settings App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings no longer available in Settings App: I'm really at a loss as to what happened, or how to resolve it, but I no longer have a 'Display' category or settings in the settings app. [ATTACH] As you can see above, where it would usually display above 'Sound', it is missing. Settings in that category will show in...
  10. Display settings no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display settings no longer available: I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Laptop - I'm not sure when this happened but I can't make it brighter or darker. The Display settings in the Control Panel are no longer available....