Windows 10: Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults

Discus and support Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For some reason only known to myself, I've messed around with Word settings and now I need to set it back to default (as it comes from Microsoft). Any... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Wynona Win User

Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults

For some reason only known to myself, I've messed around with Word settings and now I need to set it back to default (as it comes from Microsoft).

Any help out there? *Redface

:)

Wynona, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Steven Win User

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Dec 22, 2019
  4. yahanna Win User

Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh

Is there a way to set default bullets in Word? I'm using Word 2019. It was suggested that I use the Styles task pane to set a default bullet. I did this and clicked on 'new documents based on this template' to set this default. But it doesnt work. Why the hell cant someone simply set a stupid default bullet of his choosing??

yahanna, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults - Similar Threads - Set Microsoft Word

2. How to change back to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change back to default settings: Hey, I have been downloadings MODS for the sims 4, but i accidently right clicked one of the programs/mods i downloaded and clicked "make iternet explorer" my default to open the files. I didnt want this, how do i change it back??...
  3. Setting default Word version for opening docs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting default Word version for opening docs: Hello, How do I choose a the default version of Word with which to open docs? Currently I have 2013 and 2019 installed, and the files are opened in 2013 by default. How do I set them so they're opened by 2019? When I go to "Open with" from the context menu and select Word...
  4. Word defaults

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word defaults: Can someone tell me how to change, permanently, the default font and size for Word in Office 2019? I refer specifically to the blank document that shows up whenever you start the program. I hate 11 point Calibri. Help. Please?...
  5. Default app change back to Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default app change back to Microsoft Word: Hello, I have recently updated my Windows 10 system, as my computer told me to, but now I have lost my wonderful Microsoft Word to a new format that is called Word Pad. How can I go back to Word? I have gone to Settings - Apps - Default Apps, but there is no provision for...
  6. Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh: Is there a way to set default bullets in Word? I'm using Word 2019. It was suggested that I use the Styles task pane to set a default bullet. I did this and clicked on 'new documents based on this template' to set this default. But it doesnt work. Why the hell cant someone...
  7. Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Set Default Bullet in Word.. Smdh: Is there a way to set default bullets in Word? I'm using Word 2019. It was suggested that I use the Styles task pane to set a default bullet. I did this and clicked on 'new documents based on this template' to set this default. But it doesnt work. Why the hell cant someone...
  8. Default Word settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Word settings.: On the current version of Word I cannot edit documents in reading or normal view. Switching back and getting all the carriage return and space marks appearing is a real pain. How do I reset this? I tried the online Help and the remote access guy did something but next...
  9. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  10. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set microsoft word back to default settings