Windows 10: Set monitor for specific programs

Discus and support Set monitor for specific programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've bought a 2nd monitor today and I just cant figure out how to set a monitor for different programms. I want to play shooter on my main screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/motorsportfreak_ger, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Set monitor for specific programs

I've bought a 2nd monitor today and I just cant figure out how to set a monitor for different programms.

I want to play shooter on my main screen and racing games on my other. I think Windows needs to be able to set something like this. Or is there at least a programm that can help me out ?

submitted by /u/motorsportfreak_ger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/motorsportfreak_ger, Sep 9, 2020

2. Set specific programs to open on the 2nd Monitor

Hi,

As of yet, there is no specific option that allows you to set certain programs to open on a specified display monitor. Programs open on whichever display monitor is chosen as the main monitor.

For advanced troubleshooting, we suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet forums
    where we have experts who are more knowledgeable regarding the matter.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Set monitor for specific programs

How to get a program to start up on monitor 2

Hello,

You may customize your display and place the icons of the programs that you like in your preferred monitor. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then click System.
    • Click Display and then place your programs or icons to monitor 2.
    • Click the monitor 2, put a check mark in "Make this my main display" and then click Apply.
    Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Set monitor for specific programs

1. Set monitor for specific programs - Similar Threads - Set monitor specific

2. 2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications: In Past my 2nd monitor was on resolution 3440x1440 but recently due to some unknown stupid reason it is downgraded to 1980x1080. I did everything that I could try but failed to achieve desired result. For exampleI have updated drivers, changed default display from Intel to...
  3. 2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications: In Past my 2nd monitor was on resolution 3440x1440 but recently due to some unknown stupid reason it is downgraded to 1980x1080. I did everything that I could try but failed to achieve desired result. For exampleI have updated drivers, changed default display from Intel to...
  4. specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor: What I want to do is: I have setup 3 virtual desktops, and I have 3 monitors - my laptop, 1 viewsonic and 1 hanns monitors. So I want to have each desktop assigned to specific monitor always. When I switch to that desktop, it should automatically open on the assigned monitor....
  5. Program specific GPU selection

Program specific GPU selection: My setup consists of a 3080 and a quadro p2000. I'm trying to get the p2000 to work with a CAD program (SolidWorks), but every time I boot the program it always defaults to the 3080. The only way to run off the p2000 is to disconnect the 3080 completely. Even if there are no...
  6. Can you force a program to open on a specific monitor and/or specifically sized?

Can you force a program to open on a specific monitor and/or specifically sized?: Basically, I want the following to work: When my computer boots up, I want a bunch of auto-start programs to start a) on the correct monitor on my multi-monitor setup, and b) start properly sized, i.e., maximized, half-sized, etc. For example, I want my mail client to start...
  7. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    specific screen resolutions for specific programs: on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too...
  8. how to set open images with specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set open images with specific program: how to set the computer to open an image with a specific program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-open-images-with-specific-program/248067d7-ae51-4f44-a5dd-562f6779ab72
  9. I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times.

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to set the monitor to sleep and wake at specific times.: I have a computer system that is used for security and its output is connected to an HDMI over LAN box which is connected to 4 other monitors. As it is right now the PC is set to have the monitor on 24 hours a day and the PC must be on 24/7 for monitoring and recording the...
  10. Liiking for program to set monitor temperature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Liiking for program to set monitor temperature: Hi! I am looking for something like flux but monitor specific. I purchased 2nd monitor but it's a bit warmer although it's exactly the same monitor as first one. I didnt manage to get them equal from monitor settings. Bad thing is that it only offers me RGB adjustment and...