Windows 10: Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape.

Discus and support Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to have one of my monitors set to landscape mode. I went into my display settings to do so. The problem is when I set it to portrait the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saleekius, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape.

Hi, I wanted to have one of my monitors set to landscape mode. I went into my display settings to do so. The problem is when I set it to portrait the monitor just zooms in and remains in landscape even though in the display settings it says its portrait.

submitted by /u/Saleekius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saleekius, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Connie626 Win User

Help!!! W10 Duplicate Mode One Portrait One Landscape

I have a laptop which is in landscape and I have an external monitor which is attached and fixed into a portrait position. I have before been able to get the displays to show landscape on my laptop and portrait on the external monitor. But I shut down
    or restart the laptop and all my settings are gone. I spend frustrating hours trying to get the monitors back and only by some dumb luck get it to go. What is the simple way to get the monitors to display in duplicate mode one landscape and one portrait and
    STAY that way? Thank you!

Connie626, Dec 31, 2020
  3. I can't have this going to Portrait.. How can it be set to Landscape and actually stay there through logins/logouts?

Original Title - Sign out - Goes to Portrait

I've got several tablets having this issue.. Different brands..

I go into Settings->System->Display and set Lock Auto Rotation to on, set it to Landscape.

It's perfect. Displays in landscape, rotate the display, the screen does not change to portrait mode.

I sign out.. The "Signing Out" screen is Landscape.. Get to the Login screen.. it's Portrait.

I sign back in.. Still in Portrait. Go to Settings->System->Display, it's locked in Portrait.. Change it to Landscape.. All is well. Sign out.. Back to portrait.

I can't have this going to Portrait.. How can it be set to Landscape and actually stay there through logins/logouts?

Jason Hanna, Dec 31, 2020
  4. eveswin10 Win User

Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape.

Monitor screen upside down and portrait to landscape???

Original title: monitors reacting to keyboard somehow..up/down etc

more help needed re 2 monitors 1 ok other upside down and portrait to landscape???

eveswin10, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape.

1. Set monitor to portrait, but it just zoomed in and stayed landscape. - Similar Threads - Set monitor portrait

2. Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...: Hi. I am using a custom desktop PC with windows 11. For a flight sim, I have three additional small USB connected Monitors. The additional monitors are only connected and switched on, when I intend to play the flight sim. The three monitors are used in portrait mode. I had to...
  3. Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows switches additional monitors from portrait mode to landscape as soon, as they are...: Hi. I am using a custom desktop PC with windows 11. For a flight sim, I have three additional small USB connected Monitors. The additional monitors are only connected and switched on, when I intend to play the flight sim. The three monitors are used in portrait mode. I had to...
  4. Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape: Hello. I am taking a dance class and need a mirror, which I don't have room for in my home. I have a large TV screen monitor, actually, though, and I thought I could display my computer screen on my monitor. I need a split screen so one-half can show my online class and the...
  5. wordpad landscape to portrait but images incorrectly adjusted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wordpad landscape to portrait but images incorrectly adjusted: This is the single most annoying issue I'm now facing for years, it may also have been in Windows 7 but now I'm running Windows 10 and this is where this issue is seen:So you start up Wordpad not Word, but Wordpad, the Windows integrated tool and not part of Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape: I'm running Windows 10 and it keeps auto rotating images captured in portrait orientation to landscape orientation. I'm then looking at a sideways image. Images are in raw arw format. I have tried to "reset" , "repair" and uninstall and install Photo app but still does not...
  7. monitor landscape

monitor landscape: How do i change the setting to make 1 of my monitors landscape instead of portrait https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-landscape/3cea1c46-ecbf-4aa2-9110-01181ce532b7
  8. Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?: [ATTACH] Sometimes when I start up my PC, the wallpaper on my portrait (right) monitor breaks in the way that is depicted here. Is there a fix that can rectify this? This is an extremely irritating occurrence. submitted by /u/captainjelly [link] [comments]...
  9. Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet

Printer Preference set to Portrait but prints landscape from Apps or Internet: I am having this problem on my laptop with W10 Home. I am not having this problem with my desktop W10 Pro Both computers have the same printer settings...
  10. Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait

Monitor display changed from landscape to portrait: My cat jumped on my keyboard causing the monitor display to rotate 90 degrees anti-clockwise so it is now like portrait lying on its side. How do I reverse this?...