Windows 10: Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet

Discus and support Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello folks! I am having trouble in setting up my home network vs. my internet connection via WiFi. I have two PCs which I connected directly with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cyberpete, Jun 26, 2020.

1. cyberpete Win User

Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet

Hello folks!
    I am having trouble in setting up my home network vs. my internet connection via WiFi.
    I have two PCs which I connected directly with a twisted pair LAN cable. Both PCs are also connected to my modem/wifi router via wifi antennas. My appartment is not suitable for cable connection to the router, so the wifi antennas are the only option to get internet access.
    Now, when both PCs are connected to the wireless network the connection between them is always handeled via the wireless network which runs effectively at around 100Mbps. That is of course much slower than the 1Gbit LAN connection via the cable.
    But here is my problem, as long as both PCs are connected via Wifi, they never use file sharing via the LAN connection where I could benefit of 100MB/s instead of 12MB/s transfer speed.
    The only solution is to turn off wifi but then I lose internet access on that PC.

I hope someone can help me and tell me how to tell Windows, that I want to have filesharing ONLY via the LAN network and internet via WiFi.

Thanks
    Peter

Windows 10 Pro, 1909

:)

cyberpete, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 26, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet

1. Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet - Similar Threads - Set network filesharing

2. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  3. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  4. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Local Network Filesharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Network Filesharing: I and other people in the office cannot access the local filesharing from today. It used to work properly but for some reasons we cannot access it anymore. The error I get when I click on Fileshare is: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Fileshare.Ink" refers...
  6. Local Network Filesharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Network Filesharing: I and other people in the office cannot access the local filesharing from today. It used to work properly but for some reasons we cannot access it anymore. The error I get when I click on Fileshare is: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Fileshare.Ink" refers...
  7. Local Network Filesharing

8. No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings

No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I saw this magical button called "Network Reset" and I pushed it, because I'm not smart. And it restarted my computer, and I logged back in and saw on my hotbar where WiFi shows up it said "Not connected, no connections available" and I...
  9. *WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*

*WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*: So My First Problem Is That Theres No Wifi Icon In Taskbar but if i check the the system icons settings, the network is already on. The second is if i click the network icon is notification panel thing idk it only shows me the network & internet option and airplane mode...
  10. No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings

No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings: Since about Feb 11, 'Wifi' does not appear as an option under Network and Internet Settings. I can connect to my wifi with my printer, but not the scanner component. It worked fine (for years) until Feb 11....