Windows 10: Set password policy in autounattend.xml

Discus and support Set password policy in autounattend.xml in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to automate my windows installation. I already have a working unattend.xml which sets what I want. I would like to add another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adam Ledahudec, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Set password policy in autounattend.xml

Hi all,

I am trying to automate my windows installation. I already have a working unattend.xml which sets what I want. I would like to add another option, where it would set a password policy for the PC (capital and small letters, length, special characters, etc.). The PCs I install will not be joined in a domain, no GPOs etc.

Is anything like this possible without group policy?

Thanks!

Adam

:)

Adam Ledahudec, Nov 5, 2018

2. Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Password Settings for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.
    Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it answers your query.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.domain, only your network administrator can change password policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, and type secpol.msc into the search box, and then clicking
      secpol.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the left pane, double-click Account Policies, and then click
      Password Policy.
    • Double-click the item in the Policy list that you want to change, change the setting, and then click
      OK.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Set password policy in autounattend.xml

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Set password policy in autounattend.xml

1. Set password policy in autounattend.xml - Similar Threads - Set password policy

2. Password policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  3. Password policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  4. Default File association XML in Group Policy will not allow changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default File association XML in Group Policy will not allow changes: Okay, the title of this question is a little misleading. We currently have a Default file association XML in place in Group Policy to set the default browser to Edge Chromium, however we have some users that want to use Google Chrome as their default browser. As expected if...
  5. Autounattend with no product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autounattend with no product key?: Hi all. My first post here so please bear with me. I found the installation tutorials on this forum very useful and I've been using unattended setups for a while now. My question is about the product key section of the autounattend file. In Windows 10 ver 2004 and earlier I...
  6. Creating autounattend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  7. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  8. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  9. Autounattend doesnt work

Autounattend doesnt work: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral"...
  10. Autounattend help

Autounattend help: Hi! I'm trying to use the autounattend.xml file for the first time and I have some questions about it. The first question is why the privacy settings appear twice (it appears before login with the created user, and after logon with that user). The second question is why my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maximum password age unattend

2. autounattend.xml Local Security Policy