Windows 10: set pdf as default printer

Discus and support set pdf as default printer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vanderzee, Mar 25, 2019.

1. vanderzee Win User

set pdf as default printer

Hi

i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf
    i'm unable to set it as default printer
    i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this

thanks

:)

vanderzee, Mar 25, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Start button > Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners >click at your printer > click Set as Default > click at Microsoft Print to PDF > click Remove device > click Yes to confirm >
    I would suggest that you enable Let Windows manage my default printer option. That way, your default printer will be the last printer used.

davidhk, Mar 25, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

I do it with VB logon scripts

"Dim ps0 [<------ our printer server the printers are added/managed on]
    Dim printer

ps0 = "\\ps0\"
    printer = "S14 - Oki ES4140" [<------- the name of the printer as it is shown on the server]

Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    on Error Resume Next

'Deletes all network printers
    Set clPrinters = wshNetwork.EnumPrinterConnections
    On Error Resume Next
    For i = 0 to clPrinters.Count - 1 Step 2
    wshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection clPrinters.Item(i+1), true
    Next

'Add Network printer
    wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection ps0 & printer

'Set Default Printer
    wshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter ps0 & printer" [<------ this bit sets it as default (note: this must be applied as the first policy before any other printers policies, otherwise it deletes them)]

set pdf as default printer Printerscrupt.png

RCoon, Mar 25, 2019
  4. eichenbe Win User

Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
    * Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.
    * Had a Microsoft support dude to look at the issue, but he has no idea either.

A few of my pilot users has also experience the same issue. Any ideas anyone?

eichenbe, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

1. set pdf as default printer - Similar Threads - set pdf default

2. Set Firefox as default .pdf reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Firefox as default .pdf reader: I used to use Firefox as my default .pdf reader. Somehow, the default app was changed to Evernote. When I went to Default App Settings for .pdf files, Edge of course, Chrome, and Opera were listed as options but not Firefox. How do I add Firefox as an option for my default...
  3. default printer keeps changing to pdf printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default printer keeps changing to pdf printer: My default printer is always set to my regular paper printer. Occasionally when I 'print to pdf' windows 10 keeps changing my default printer to the pdf and I have to manually go back to the settings and change it to my preferred printer.The 'let windows manage my default...
  4. default printer setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    default printer setting: To print a document, I push a print button somewhere; the printer offers a menu of all printers on my network. The top choice is "Save as PDF"; how can I get rid of that option? It has never been a default option...
  5. default printer setting

default printer setting: To print a document, I push a print button somewhere; the printer offers a menu of all printers on my network. The top choice is "Save as PDF"; how can I get rid of that option? It has never been a default option...
  6. Change default printer for PDF

Change default printer for PDF: How do I change the default printer in Foxit Reader from Foxit printer to HP 1050 which is the default printer on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-printer-for-pdf/3db57bfd-644c-423d-87ff-41e318927a17
  7. set pdf as default printer

set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  8. setting default for printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting default for printer: How do I set my printer as the default printer for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/setting-default-for-printer/d634e4d2-7ede-4ddd-afad-ca101042a850
  9. How to set default pdf reader

How to set default pdf reader: Since an update to windows 10 (last but one) every time I click a pdf file to open it, win10 insists on opening it in Edge - even after selecting 'open with' and confirming Acrobat as my default pdf reader. Anyone any ideas on how to stop Win10 controlling my pdf reader...
  10. Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer: Hi Guys, I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At...