Windows 10: Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices

Discus and support Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows has been driving me up the wall lately, but unfortunately I can't fully migrate to Linux for a number of reasons. I use Voicemeeter to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MattH2580, May 18, 2020.

1. Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices

Windows has been driving me up the wall lately, but unfortunately I can't fully migrate to Linux for a number of reasons.

I use Voicemeeter to control/route my audio where I need it for various applications. Works a treat and means I have my audio input and output devices set to the Voicemeeter virtual inputs/outputs. The problem I have is whenever I unplug/replug either my USB microphone, USB DAC or any other audio device, Windows in its infinite stupidity decides that regardless of me setting them as NOT default, it will proceed to set them to the current audio device. Is there any way to stop this?

submitted by /u/MattH2580
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MattH2580, May 18, 2020

2. No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, May 23, 2020
  3. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/

Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK

But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems ..

Sound settings say - No output or Input devices found.

Have tried to re-install Realtek audio drivers for motherboard -- installed but no change

David_Bexhill, May 23, 2020
  4. Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices

1. Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices - Similar Threads - Set Permanent Audio

2. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  3. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  4. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Input and Output Device is not working

Audio Input and Output Device is not working: Few days ago suddenly my laptop internal audio is stopped working . I can use my headphones just fine, but the internal speaker itself is not working. At first I thought it was a problem with the sound , but after going to device manager , I found out that speaker and...
  6. Audio input and output device is not migrated

Audio input and output device is not migrated: Few days ago suddenly my laptop internal audio is stopped working . I can use my headphones just fine, but the internal speaker itself is not working. At first I thought it was a problem with the sound , but after going to device manager , I found out that speaker and...
  7. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  8. No audio output/input device detected

No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  9. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  10. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Input or Output Devices found: After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems .. Sound settings say...