Windows 10: Set PIN as default

Discus and support Set PIN as default in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is there a script to run that will set the PIN to be the default login screen vs password? These are autopilot machines and non domain joined.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChrisBEPV, May 10, 2023.

1. ChrisBEPV Win User

Set PIN as default

Is there a script to run that will set the PIN to be the default login screen vs password? These are autopilot machines and non domain joined.

:)

ChrisBEPV, May 10, 2023

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, May 10, 2023
  3. Setting PIN to default without changing password

Hello,

My computer was previously set to a default PIN but that changed suddenly for no apparent reason (I wasn't fooling around in settings or anything security related). I can't get it to revert back to the PIN being the default choice for login. Other forum
    threads suggest removing that password but that is impossible. If you click change, it REQUIRES you to type in a new password and there is no option to remove or delete the password.

Furthermore, I use that password on my other computer rather than the PIN and don't want to delete it in the first place. So how can I set the PIN back to default?

JaclynJames, May 10, 2023
  4. David Haz Win User

Set PIN as default

how do I make my pin as a default login.

Hi,

You may follow the steps below to make your PIN the default login to your device:

• Click the Start button, then type Settings.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, and select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Add. Confirm your password when prompted.
    • Set-up the desired PIN as required.
    Make sure to delete the password if you just want the PIN to be enabled.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, May 10, 2023
Thema:

Set PIN as default

1. Set PIN as default - Similar Threads - Set PIN default

2. Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default: Having 2 weird issues with my new windows 11 install. 1- I download chrome and drag the icon over the task bar and it shows a red circle showing I cannot add it to the task bar. 2- I click into Chrome from apps and I do not get a “set as default browser” button so I can’t set...
  3. Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default: Having 2 weird issues with my new windows 11 install. 1- I download chrome and drag the icon over the task bar and it shows a red circle showing I cannot add it to the task bar. 2- I click into Chrome from apps and I do not get a “set as default browser” button so I can’t set...
  4. Set PIN as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set PIN as default: Is there a script to run that will set the PIN to be the default login screen vs password? These are autopilot machines and non domain joined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-pin-as-default/ea7754dd-c6dd-4f3a-a65f-e02fe5c59fde
  5. Set PIN as default

Set PIN as default: Is there a script to run that will set the PIN to be the default login screen vs password? These are autopilot machines and non domain joined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-pin-as-default/ea7754dd-c6dd-4f3a-a65f-e02fe5c59fde
  6. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  7. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  8. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in: I recently purchased and set up Windows 10. I'd like to sign in via password but it always asks for PIN since I initially set it up this way. I'd like to use password as default sign in method. How do I do this?...
  10. Default to PIN for UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Default to PIN for UAC: I have two accounts in Windows 10 Enterprise: Standard User Account (SUA) with does NOT have admin rights Admin account which DOES have full admin rights The admin account has a password set and a PIN set. I have UAC turned all the way up. When I login with the SUA...