Windows 10: Set qbitorrent the default magnet

Discus and support Set qbitorrent the default magnet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I used to be able to import this reg file, and fix the issue. Guess not anymore: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pkillpeers, May 4, 2021.

1. Set qbitorrent the default magnet

Hi! I used to be able to import this reg file, and fix the issue. Guess not anymore: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge] "ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome] "ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Chromium] "ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001 I'm using edge chromium, and everytime i click a magnet link , the popup asks me if i want to always open with qbitorrent. Marking the checkbox, doesn't matter, it asks everytime: Running: windows 10 20H2 and qbitorrent 4.3.4.1 Any tips that work nowadays?

:)

pkillpeers, May 4, 2021

2. Set qbitorrent the default magnet

Hi!

I used to be able to import this reg file, and fix the issue. Guess not anymore:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]
    "ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Chromium]

I'm using edge chromium, and everytime i click a magnet link , the popup asks me if i want to always open with qbitorrent. Marking the checkbox, doesn't matter, it asks everytime:

Set qbitorrent the default magnet [​IMG]

Running: windows 10 20H2 and qbitorrent 4.3.4.1

Any tips that work nowadays?

pkillpeers, May 5, 2021
  3. Set qbitorrent the default magnet

It works for me. Try to reinstall it or run it as admin and untick/tick to open magnet links with it.

TairikuOkami, May 5, 2021
  4. Set qbitorrent the default magnet

Set qbitorrent the default magnet

i'll be damned... it worked!
    cheers

pkillpeers, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Set qbitorrent the default magnet

1. Set qbitorrent the default magnet - Similar Threads - Set qbitorrent default

2. Magnet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Magnet: Today Magnet handlers no longer work I tried with two different torrent clients made no difference. Tried in three different browsers same result. Disconnected my anti-virus program, no difference. Looked up the issue on the IE didn't help First instruction said said to open...
  3. Magnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magnet: Today Magnet handlers no longer work I tried with two different torrent clients made no difference. Tried in three different browsers same result. Disconnected my anti-virus program, no difference. Looked up the issue on the IE didn't help First instruction said said to open...
  4. Magnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Default Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Settings?: Hi, How do I reset my Laptop colours back to original specs? Cheers, Keith 184158
  6. Default setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default setting: Someone changed all my desktop, icon, and font size/ setting. I just want to get them back to default. Is there a way to do that without resetting the computer, I have programs I can't lose on there?...
  7. Default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default settings: I want to use Canon Digital Photo Professional as my default photo handler. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/2ddfa9de-4cbc-4b9b-bf91-24c81ed6adfb
  8. Magnets and pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Magnets and pc: So I got a new USB WIFI adapter netgear a7000 and it has a magnet on it so is that bad for my pc, having a magnet sit on top of it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnets-and-pc/2c4eb3e2-ca3b-4bcf-8fc4-051877890a71
  9. What is Magnet Engine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Magnet Engine?: Hey I have set limits on my son's acct. and we monitor his time. Anyone know what Magnet Engine is? He had about 10 hours of this listed in his usage for his PC? What is this? He isn't sure. Thanks for the help!...
  10. Not able to change default app for Magnet links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to change default app for Magnet links: good day i noticed since going to 10 that clicking on magnet links does not open bittorrent. i have rerun windows and still the same problem. in cyberfox i fixed it easily enough, but for chrome and torch no love. i found a couple of things about registry entries but they did...