Windows 10: Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog?

Discus and support Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to make it so whenever I use the Open File Dialog in a any of m Windows 10 PCs, the PC's focus goes to Quick Access? 99% of the time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HE2, Feb 1, 2019.

1. HE2
    HE2 Win User

Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog?

Is there a way to make it so whenever I use the Open File Dialog in a any of m Windows 10 PCs, the PC's focus goes to Quick Access?

99% of the time, when I'm attempting to use Open File Dialog to select a file (to upload to a web app usually), I'm using Quick Access because I just downloaded it from some other location or device.

It would reduce some clicks / add some speed to my workflow to already be in Quick Access when the Open File Dialog presents itself.

I tried using File Explorer, going to File > Change folder and search options and then select Quick Access there. But that only seems to work for File Explorer when you open it on its own vs what I want, which is when I get that window as part of an Open dialog on behalf of some app.

:)

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 1, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog?

Cannot unping wrong Download Folder from Quick Access

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you follow the instruction provided below and check if it helps.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select unpin from Quick access.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select pin from Quick access.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Press the Windows logo key + E key, to open File Explorer.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Options button, located in top right corner of the window.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Click on Restore to default button.
    • Click OK.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog?

1. Set Quick Access as default folder in OpenFileDialog? - Similar Threads - Set Quick Access

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  4. Quick access to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access to folders: Good day everyone, Please accept my apologies in advance if this topic have already been discussed in the forum. I couldn't find anything to help me, so I I thought to ask. I am looking for a simple solution where a folders can be access quickly. I am not talking for a...
  5. recovery quick access default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recovery quick access default: My Documents is accidentally "stealed" by OneDrive. I rest to my original location after stop "Backup" by one drive but have 2 side effect. 1) the link "Documents" under Quick access is still point to OneDrive location. Link under "This PC" is correct. 2) When I search from...
  6. Quick Access folders keep resetting to default

Quick Access folders keep resetting to default: For no apparent reason all the folders I place in Quick Access in File Explorer keep disappearing and being replaced by the defaults every time my PC goes to sleep then wakes up again, or restarts. I keep replacing them, but they keep vanishing again and again... :( This...
  7. Quick Access folder

Quick Access folder: My Quick Saver folder is displaying all my files on the startup screen. How do I get my screensaver I chose back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder/4a800131-3fc0-4aaf-8d3b-6a388311ddc0"
  8. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  9. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939

Users found this page by searching for:

1. openfiledialog remove quick access

2. c# openfiledialog quick access

3. open dialogue default to quick access