Windows 10: Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork

Discus and support Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is to solve Event 16385, Security-SPP Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2124-05-16T10:44:35Z. Error Code: 0x80070020.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EF14U, Jun 11, 2024.

1. EF14U Win User

Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork

This is to solve Event 16385, Security-SPP Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2124-05-16T10:44:35Z. Error Code: 0x80070020. Thev only thing I see wrong is Read permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE account are missing on the following folder: C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform I right click on SvcRestartTaskNetwork and choose properties, then I click the security tab, and that says I must have read permissions to view the properties of this object. I havent done much on permissions and don't want to mess anything up and want this

:)

EF14U, Jun 11, 2024

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Nooriener Win User
    "You must have Read Permission to view the properties of this object". error message on accessing files on Windows 10.

I unintentionally removed the users and i got the error message on accessing the file. I tried

one of the questions posted on here
    and none of the suggestions on that thread seemed to work. And I nearly lost my mind. Until I decided to give it another try and found

another website
    and followed to instructions on there.

To sum up all I had to do to fix the problem

• Right click the folder and go to the Properties window
    • Go to the Security tab on the Properties Window
    • Click Advanced
    • Go to Change
    • Type in my Windows Username

(If you have trouble finding it by typing in follow these steps

1. Click on Advanced

2. Go to Find Now

3. Find the User in the Search results:

4. Click OK)
    • Click OK
    • Check the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
    • Click Apply
    • Click Yes
    • Click OK
    • And Click OK on the Advanced Security Settings window as well
    • Click Advanced again
    • Click Change Permissions
    • Click on Enable inheritance

To add a new object :

• Click on Select a principal
    • Follow Step 5 and 6 in the instructions above.
    • Go to Show advanced permissions to enable more permissions
    • Click OK

Nooriener, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork

How did this get released before testing and why does it change all permissions without asking

Hi,

is the permission for the folders in your user profile shown as "read-only'?

If this is the case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    • This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork

1. Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork - Similar Threads - Set read permissions

2. Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork: This is to solve Event 16385, Security-SPP Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2124-05-16T10:44:35Z. Error Code: 0x80070020. Thev only thing I see wrong is Read permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE account are missing on the following folder:...
  3. Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set read permissions for object SvcRestartTaskNetwork: This is to solve Event 16385, Security-SPP Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2124-05-16T10:44:35Z. Error Code: 0x80070020. Thev only thing I see wrong is Read permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE account are missing on the following folder:...
  4. Cannot “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”: Hi all,I am trying to follow this advice:Incase of any issues with file or folder permission then, you can fix this using these steps:Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located such as Documents, Pictures, etc..Go to the Security tab and...
  5. Cannot “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”: Hi all,I am trying to follow this advice:Incase of any issues with file or folder permission then, you can fix this using these steps:Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located such as Documents, Pictures, etc..Go to the Security tab and...
  6. Cannot “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object”

7. "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings."

"You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings.": I am trying to edit a .exe file, however, when I try to do so, a "You don't have permission to open this file." error appears. When I try to fix this by going into Properties>Security>Advanced and try to change settings, I receive a "You do not have permission to view or...
  8. You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings: I am trying to access a file in order to change its name. Unfortunately, I apparently "don't have permission" to. Here is what I have tried so far: Using CMD prompt and icacls, granting me full control and setting me as owner access denied. Using CMD prompt and icacls, do...
  9. changing permissions for object group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing permissions for object group: changing permissions for object group What do I enter in the "Enter object name to select" dialog field? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-permissions-for-object-group/6de3fc70-e80c-453e-a61e-6a1098ff16ee"
  10. Read Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Permissions: I moved My Documents to my D: drive. I did this by going to My Documents Properties, then the Location tab, then entered the new location and clicked Move. It worked great for a while; quite a while. Then all the sudden, when I would do a Save As, give it a name, click...