Windows 10: set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10

Discus and support set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use dual monitor, Extend screen. When I'm working on one monitor the other one is idle, so it should go to screen saver or turn off In order not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Farzad Sadeghi, Jun 19, 2021.

1. set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10

I use dual monitor, Extend screen. When I'm working on one monitor the other one is idle, so it should go to screen saver or turn off In order not to be harmed. How can I set screen saver or screen turn off timeout for each monitor separately.

:)

Farzad Sadeghi, Jun 19, 2021

2. Screen saver not following settings

Hi Jim,

To help you set your screen configuration properly, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + I.
    • Under Personalization, select Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Set your desired screen saver timeout duration under the Screen
      option.

Keep us posted.

Dennis Mop, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, Jun 19, 2021
  4. set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10

Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

@Brink I don't think your phrasing is actually what you mean? You can't change computer settings from the lock screen as far as I know. This tutorial is about changing the amount of time it takes for the computer to timeout to "console lock display off," which is set to 1 minute by default and which sends me to the lock screen. I know the lock screen is also accessible by pressing Win+L but this tutorial is certainly not meant to be applied while I am on the lock screen.

I have made sure my display isn't turning off for any other reason (screen saver, sleep, etc), and gone through and completed the steps in this tutorial, including the registry edit that places the console lock display off option in advanced power settings. Changing the numbers to any value in this menu has no impact on how long the computer takes to lock & turn off the display after no action - it is still about 2 minutes. Could there be another computer setting causing it to lock up'?

EDIT: I have a second monitor attached by HDMI, which appears to be the cause of the timeout. When I detach the monitor the computer does not lock up.

win10noob0010, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10

1. set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set screen saver

2. Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?: Windows 11 - Lenovo Thinkpad - All on the latest software releaseLock Screen and sleep are set to kick in after 15 minutes on battery and plugged in the power & battery settings.Screen saver revolving "windows" is set to kick in after 5 minutes - the option to have to log in...
  3. Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?: Windows 11 - Lenovo Thinkpad - All on the latest software releaseLock Screen and sleep are set to kick in after 15 minutes on battery and plugged in the power & battery settings.Screen saver revolving "windows" is set to kick in after 5 minutes - the option to have to log in...
  4. Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.: Just as it says - my screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. I use a screen saver so I don't get burn-in on my rather expensive monitor, but also don't want to just "display off" because that doesn't force a login to resume so that my 3-year-old, who likes...
  5. Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 - screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working.: Just as it says - my screen saver and display timeout suddenly stopped working. I use a screen saver so I don't get burn-in on my rather expensive monitor, but also don't want to just "display off" because that doesn't force a login to resume so that my 3-year-old, who likes...
  6. can't turn off screen saver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't turn off screen saver: So I set the screen saver to none and pressed apply but the screen still turns off and locks after the time i set in the grayed box. submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku77fj/cant_turn_off_screen_saver/
  7. Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF: I'm having this issue of my screen saver randomly turning off and I see that it's a problem that's been around for quite some time now. Is there any new information or workarounds on this issue? Are there any edits of the registry that can be done to keep the screen saver...
  8. Screen saver turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver turning off: This is really confusing me. So, for some reason, my screen saver keeps turning itself off. As in, it sets itself to "none." then I have to set it back up. It seems to do this randomly. Anyone have any advice?...
  9. Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows: How to: Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows How to Specify Screen Saver Timeout in Windows A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of time to wait. Screen...
  10. Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10: How to: Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 How to Change "Console lock display off timeout" in Windows 10 Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the...