Windows 10: set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time

Discus and support set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why doesn't windows allow you to do this you guys? see images below. I am selecting 20 shortcuts on the DT. and the dialog doesn't give this option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamEvanovich2, Dec 7, 2020.

1. set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time

why doesn't windows allow you to do this you guys? see images below. I am selecting 20 shortcuts on the DT. and the dialog doesn't give this option. why? all the types of links are the same. makes no sense. =

set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time c0894380-b040-45a9-a851-3cdec90dc37e?upload=true.jpg

set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time 46705d67-cdff-4348-8c84-82ca1b924a95?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Dec 7, 2020
  2. iPablo Win User

How to set Windows 10 to ALWAYS open maximized windows when clicking on the shortcuts for the File Explorer or pinned websites of the taskbar

Straightforward ideas which did NOT work for the File Explorer shortcut:

• Right click on the File Explorer shortcutof the taskbar> Right click on “File explorer”>Left click on “Properties”>Under ‘Shortcut’; Select ‘Maximized’ for the field ‘Run:’

• Right click on an empty space on the desktop >Left click on “New”> Left click on “Shortcut”>Type “explorer” (without quotes) and select “Next”> Select “Finish”>Right click on the shortcut>Left click on “Properties”>Under ‘Shortcut’;
      Select ‘Maximized’ for the field ‘Run:’>Remove the old File Explorer icon from the taskbar>Pin the new shortcut on the taskbar

• Open File Explorer>Maximize its window> Hold the Ctrl key when closing it

Indeed, none of the three methods above is able to make File Explorer be opened on a maximized window in all cases. In fact, the only way in which File Explorer is opened on a maximized window is making sure that its corresponding window was maximized
    before closing it. Otherwise it will remember that it was not maximized when it was closed, so the next time that I click on the File Explorer shortcut
    to open it again, it will not be opened on maximized window.

Note that this issue seems to be restricted to File Explorer. For instance, if I use any of the three methods for the taskbar
    shortcuts of Word, Excel, Paint, etc. their corresponding windows will ALWAYS be maximized, regardless of the fact that they were not on maximized windows when they were closed for the last time.

For the pinned websites shortcuts (which still are currently opened with Explorer 11 on Windows 10) I cannot find any parameter to change the size of the window to be opened at all. I have tried: right click on
    the shortcut>Right click on the particular name of the pinned site>Left click on “Properties”

Similarly, the only (apparent) way to make it be opened on a maximized window is to remember to maximize its corresponding window before closing it.

In summary, I would like to know how to make the File Explorer or pinned websites be opened on maximized windows REGARDLESS of the fact that their windows were maximized or not when they were closed for the last time, knowing that
    the methods I’ve just described did NOT work.

Thanks in advance

iPablo, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

HandyHankster, Dec 7, 2020
  4. set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time

Unable to open shortcuts maximized

Hi,

Try this procedure...

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.

Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.

Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.

Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

You should do this with every program shortcut you use to open Internet Explorer and if you close a smaller window you will have to redo it.

Don

Don Varnau, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time

1. set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time - Similar Threads - set shortcut open

2. Whenever I click on desktop shortcuts too many times it opens the program multiple times is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I click on desktop shortcuts too many times it opens the program multiple times is...: Video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqVSq7eGyQ&ab_channel=AdrianGoneInsane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-click-on-desktop-shortcuts-too-many/aafc1125-94db-4db8-9a73-e84fa16df32b
  3. Whenever I click on desktop shortcuts too many times it opens the program multiple times is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I click on desktop shortcuts too many times it opens the program multiple times is...: Video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqVSq7eGyQ&ab_channel=AdrianGoneInsane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-click-on-desktop-shortcuts-too-many/aafc1125-94db-4db8-9a73-e84fa16df32b
  4. Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized: Good afternoon,After setting Chrome run option as Maximized, I started testing.I always have 1 Chrome window with several tabs opened let's call it perm window so when I want to open a new window I do right click on the perm window tab and select new window...so here it comes...
  5. desktop shortcut in maximize

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shortcut in maximize: How do I open the desktop shortcuts in maximize? I have gone to shortcut properties and there are no sizing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-in-maximize/f6183bce-b422-4214-8829-9e45f3c5fbcf
  6. Settings Panel Opens Maximized

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Panel Opens Maximized: This issue started about a month ago. When I open Settings panel it opens maximized (full screen). I "fixed" it one time by restoring to an earlier disc image and then it opened in the smaller screen size. But, tihe next day (after power off/on) it came back to full screen. I...
  7. Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized: Upon powering up computer, when I launch certain shortcuts off the desktop, they open with a very minimized window. This seems to have occurred after a recent Windows update. I search the properties of the icon and there isn't any control offered. How do I control this...
  8. Open Maximized Windows

Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  9. Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time: Previously if I double clicked the shortcuts of Steam, Origin and Uplay while they were running instantly maximized their windows. Now if I double click them it takes a long time before they are maximized as if the computer is reloading them from scratch. I also have GOG...
  10. Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10: How to: Always Open Shortcut as Normal, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10 How To Always Open Shortcut as Normal window, Minimized, or Maximized in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can set a shortcut to always run with a normal window, minimized, or...