Windows 10: Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display

Discus and support Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, It is a bit complicated but I will try to explain what I want to achieve: I have 01 laptop with built-in display and built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thieu DuongQuach, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display

Hello everybody,

It is a bit complicated but I will try to explain what I want to achieve:

I have 01 laptop with built-in display and built-in speaker (of course). And I hook it with the secondary display via HDMI and has the sound connected to a bluetooth speaker (set as default playback device). So, basically, my system has dual screen with bluetooth speaker, so the laptop's built-in speaker is disable.

Now, I want to make the system like this:

- What is showing on laptop's built-in display and have sound output (for example: Youtube is playing on the screen) will output it's sound with the laptop's built-in speaker. On the other hand, what is showing on the secondary display (for example: gaming) will have it's sound output to the bluetooth speaker.

- Futhermore, for instant, I am watching movie on my secondary monitor and the sound from that movie is playing via the bluetooth speaker, then I drag the movie playing program to the laptop's built-in display and the sound output device must also change to the built-in speaker as well as the bluetooth speaker must stop playing any sound from the movie.

I know there is a way to set per-app sound outputs with Sound Setting and Volume Mixer, but it is a too bit manual and I want it to be automatically when switching between screens. I do not know it is possible for windows 10 or not but any suggestion?

Thanks.

:)

Thieu DuongQuach, Mar 24, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display :p

cadaveca, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Individual Settings For Display

Does anyone have any information as to whether to fall windows update will go back to being able to set individual display settings as it was before the current update. Not being able to set individual display parameters makes it very hard to use for us
    seniors that have some eye site issues but do not need the magnifier option. The current version makes it very hard to view various screens.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Richard & Betsey, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display

1. Set sound source basing on what is showing on each individual display - Similar Threads - Set sound source

2. Individual sound settings for each user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Individual sound settings for each user: I have a Win 10 Pro machine with 2 users.User A uses a Bluetooth headphone.User B wants to use the installed loudspeaker.How can this be configured, so that each user has automatically his individual settings i.e. A = headphones, B = loudspeaker, when logging in.***** moved...
  3. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  4. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  5. Does anyone know how to get my sound icon to display each individual app's sound bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to get my sound icon to display each individual app's sound bar?: submitted by /u/Earthgamez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfacnp/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_my_sound_icon_to/
  6. display orientation setting not individual for user accounts

display orientation setting not individual for user accounts: Hello, we are two users accounts on my computer, one of us uses the monitor in portrait mode, the other one in landscape mode. We constantly have to change the display orientation setting after we log in or before we log out. The problem is - why is this setting changed...
  7. Windows Updates each update individually

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Updates each update individually: I reinstalled windows on my PC and I had to install an update after that another one and another one. In this Screenshot you can see my update history. Windows installed each update individually. Is there any way to install all updates at once (even if it takes longer) ?...
  8. Sound Source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Source: Hello! I have an HP Envy TS 17 Notebook. I've recently started using a USB headset, and had to change the primary device for sound to get them to work. So now, of course, the computer speakers don't work unless I go to settings and change preferred device. What a pain to...
  9. Set sound source base on what is showing on each individual display

Set sound source base on what is showing on each individual display: Hello everybody, I do not know it is possible or not but I will try to what I want to achieve: I have 01 laptop with built-in display and built-in speaker (of course). And I hooked it with the secondary display via HDMI and has the sound connected to a bluetooth speaker...
  10. Windows 10 source of individual updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 source of individual updates: Hi we have Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB machines on remote client sites which are connected to the internet via cradlepoint mobile with limited data plans. Currently we have Windows Update is not triggering because of the mobile connection. We planned to download via...