Windows 10: Set specific time to download automatic updates

Discus and support Set specific time to download automatic updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have limited bandwidth via my satellite ISP, (EXELL); and it is the only ISP available here. I need to set the update download time for the Free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigLosby, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Set specific time to download automatic updates

I have limited bandwidth via my satellite ISP, (EXELL); and it is the only ISP available here. I need to set the update download time for the Free Zone: 3:00 am to 6:00 am. I am unable to find an option to make this selection in the Update settings. With two Windows 10 computers on my network these downloads are consuming a disproportionate amount of available bandwidth. Thanks for your help.

:)

CraigLosby, Nov 5, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 5, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Set specific time to download automatic updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Set specific time to download automatic updates

Automatic Updates

They are installed automatically if that is the way you have Automatic Updates set.

I have AU set as download them, but let me choose when to install.

Is that what you meant when you said they are installed automatically?

As to your question Lillebror, I searched for a way to start the Automatic Updates, but really wasn't successful.

OnePostWonder, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Set specific time to download automatic updates

1. Set specific time to download automatic updates - Similar Threads - Set specific download

2. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  3. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  4. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Setting Time Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Time Automatically: Every time I restart my PC the time is wrong. I have to manually click "sync now" every time which has no problem setting the correct time. "set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically" are switched on. The bios is set correctly, the Cmos battery is fairly new,...
  6. Setting Time Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Time Automatically: Every time I restart my PC the time is wrong. I have to manually click "sync now" every time which has no problem setting the correct time. "set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically" are switched on. The bios is set correctly, the Cmos battery is fairly new,...
  7. Setting Time Automatically

8. Time not correctly set automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Time not correctly set automatically: I activated the options "Set time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically". Hovewer every now and again the the time is showing two hours behine the current time. This is solved if clicking "Sync now". Does anybody have also this issue in Windows 10? [img] 136985
  9. set time automatically

set time automatically: I have internet connection but cant set the time zone automatically through wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-time-automatically/57edbcd4-906e-479f-b703-ebd65cbae1ed
  10. Date and time is not setting automatically

Date and time is not setting automatically: My date and time is not changing automatically. Every time I have to change it manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-is-not-setting-automatically/cdbc5e01-c3ea-42fc-98d8-443fff48003e