Windows 10: Set Start Menu navigation pane to show only icons windows 10 19h2

Discus and support Set Start Menu navigation pane to show only icons windows 10 19h2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Windows 10 19H2 (November Update) makes the icons in the Start Menu Navigation Pane to automatically show a description when you hover over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by antares, Nov 17, 2019.

1. antares Win User

Set Start Menu navigation pane to show only icons windows 10 19h2

Hi all, Windows 10 19H2 (November Update) makes the icons in the Start Menu Navigation Pane to automatically show a description when you hover over them. Is there a way to disable this feature so to show only the icons when you hover over them? I tried to look in Settings for a way to disable this but can't find any related option. Thanks

:)

antares, Nov 17, 2019

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Set Start Menu navigation pane to show only icons windows 10 19h2 :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Nov 17, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Set Start Menu navigation pane to show only icons windows 10 19h2 - Similar Threads - Set Start Menu

2. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  3. windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing: Recently an update must have occurred or something as in the past few days, when I go to save something as "Save As", the navigation pane does not show even though it is selected in the options under the view tab. I've searched all over this page and see where it's happened...
  4. windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pro save as navigation pane not showing: Recently an update must have occurred or something as in the past few days, when I go to save something as "Save As", the navigation pane does not show even though it is selected in the options under the view tab. I've searched all over this page and see where it's happened...
  5. Windows Settings to This PC and Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings to This PC and Navigation Pane: Does anyone know how to add Windows Settings to This PC and File Explorer Navigation Pane? There are tutorials for adding Control Panel on this site but not Settings. It seems a custom GUID would have to be generated. Thanks! 135037
  6. Windows 10 19H1 to change Start menu’s navigation pane behaviour

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 to change Start menu’s navigation pane behaviour: Windows 10’s next update which is codenamed ’19H1′ will tweak the Start menu behaviour and the changes are available in Windows 10 Build 18282. Microsoft is planning new improvements for the Start menu and while it’s not a big change, it’s still quite noticeable. Windows 10...
  7. Settings menu Navigation Pane only showing in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings menu Navigation Pane only showing in Tablet Mode: I have acquired a BenQ Joybook R42E laptop. Single Core processor. 2GB RAM. I installed Windows 10 Pro 32bit 1803 all latest updates. The Display adapter is a standard VGA and it is using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver. Looking at the Hardware ID it is a Standard...
  8. Navigation Pane Icon Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Icon Size: Is there a way to increase the size of the drive and/or folder icons in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer? It's easy to change the icon size in the folder pane or on the desktop, but these changes don't seem to affect the icons in the navigation pane of Explorer. I have...
  9. Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Libraries in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. This tutorial...
  10. Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Navigation pane to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You...