Windows 10: set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password

Discus and support set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Problem = my startup password is now the same as my Microsoft Account Password. This is to me a SECURITY issue. Solution I am looking for = how to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Richard L. Stafford, Oct 3, 2019.

1. set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password

Problem = my startup password is now the same as my Microsoft Account Password. This is to me a SECURITY issue.

Solution I am looking for = how to set my startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password.

:)

Richard L. Stafford, Oct 3, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Oct 3, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password

1. set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password - Similar Threads - set startup password

2. My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...: I have a couple of windows machines on my network, and it seems that by updating my Microsoft Account password, these credentials have become out of sync - Machine 1 - completed setup using my Microsoft Account using old Password - We'll call this Password AAfter some time, I...
  3. set password on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set password on startup: I have lenovo yoga laptop, when i turn on my laptop it is not asking password or pin, i want to change it. Problem is, i don`t have option @ require sign in @, it`s just missing. Normally if you go to sign in menu, you have this option. But i havent. Please help me.Ps. Pin /...
  4. set password on startup

set password on startup: I have lenovo yoga laptop, when i turn on my laptop it is not asking password or pin, i want to change it. Problem is, i don`t have option @ require sign in @, it`s just missing. Normally if you go to sign in menu, you have this option. But i havent. Please help me.Ps. Pin /...
  5. How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?: How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-surface-laptop-password-different-from/1a514874-8add-46a9-8608-0d01e885b67a
  6. How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?

How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?: How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-surface-laptop-password-different-from/1a514874-8add-46a9-8608-0d01e885b67a
  7. How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Setting two different passwords for same account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting two different passwords for same account?: I'm not sure what it's actually called, but the best I can describe it is that there is one profile, and one password will open it with all the files and apps, but a different password will open it with restricted access (can only see/access certain files and apps). Is this...
  9. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup: My laptop has just started requesting my Microsoft Account password before it will complete the startup process. How can this password requirement be removed?...
  10. Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution: Hi, I'm using the Microsoft credentials to log into my PC, and few weeks ago I wanted to change the password that I log into Windows with, so I went to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and clicked the Change button under Change your account password. This popped up a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows and microsoft password the same

2. change password on startup screen

3. is my admin password the same as my microsoft account password

4. is windows login password the same as Microsoft