Windows 10: set the default WiFi network per user

Discus and support set the default WiFi network per user in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aristosv, Nov 15, 2019.

1. aristosv Win User

set the default WiFi network per user

Hello

I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and when user2 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork2.

Basically I want to set the default WiFi network per user. Is this possible?

Thanks

:)

aristosv, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

New Wifi default to metered

Chris,

Yes, it is a Registry entry. See the procedure in my post #74 in another TenForums thread. {in case it is of interest, my post #73 in that thread lists the steps I take to avoid all automatic Windows updates}

By making that change, every new WiFi network will, by default, be set as metered. You will still be able to change that back to non-metered for a specific WiFi network in the normal manner.

Denis

3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Nov 15, 2019
  4. set the default WiFi network per user

Assigning a default WiFi connection

Is there any specific way to force Windows to connect to a certain WiFi connection?

Since my PC keeps connecting to a commercial WiFi hotspot rather than to my home network when it boots.

Things I have tried:

• "Connect to suggested WiFi hotspots" has been turned off
    • Home network has been set to "connect automatically" when connecting
    • Hotspot networks have been "forgotten" in the WiFi settings
    Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Sakura2628, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

set the default WiFi network per user

1. set the default WiFi network per user - Similar Threads - set default WiFi

2. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  3. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  4. Windows 11 - Setting Default desktop per app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Setting Default desktop per app: Hi AllIs it possible to set a default desktop for an app to start on?For instance, can I set it up so if I start Outlook, it always opens on Desktop 2, regardless of which desktop I'm currently viewing?Thanks in advance!Tim...
  5. Windows 11 - Setting Default desktop per app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Setting Default desktop per app: Hi AllIs it possible to set a default desktop for an app to start on?For instance, can I set it up so if I start Outlook, it always opens on Desktop 2, regardless of which desktop I'm currently viewing?Thanks in advance!Tim...
  6. How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?: Windows 10 version 2004+ Is there any way to set Proxy settings for specific wifi or lan connections, so that when switching networks one does not have to manually go and change the proxy settings? this is very easily accomplished on android. I often switch networks at work...
  7. set the default WiFi network per user

set the default WiFi network per user: Hello I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and when user2 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork2. Basically I want to set the default WiFi network per user. Is...
  8. Set language per user

in Windows 10 Support
    Set language per user: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to set display language (and locale) per user? I change it and it's changed for all the users, system wide. Thanks in advance! 135499
  9. change network settings per network

change network settings per network: Hello. I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that setting a static IP sets it for ALL networks. sure- there is the additional setting tab- but that only helps with one...
  10. Define wireless settings per user account

Define wireless settings per user account: Hi, At home we have a shared PC running Win10 Pro which is used by adults and youngsters. I want to ensure that when youngsters use the PC then they access an Wifi accesspoint which does only gives them access to the internet but not internal file shares or other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set the default WiFi network per user