Windows 10: Set Time in Child Account

Discus and support Set Time in Child Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, I've set my son's account up so that he needs me to grant him screen time on the specific device every time he wants to go online - i.e. the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by binghamrd, May 1, 2020.

1. binghamrd Win User

Set Time in Child Account

Hi all,

I've set my son's account up so that he needs me to grant him screen time on the specific device every time he wants to go online - i.e. the Time Limit of his Screen Time settings is set to 'Blocked'.

Most of the time this works fine for us but there are occasions where I want to reduce the amount of time I've granted him. E.g. - at 9am he signs in and I grant him 4 hours of access that day, but by 10am I want to reduce it to just 2 hours or even just cancel it immediately. Is that possible?

I've checked https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/screen-time but it doesn't appear to be an option.

Thanks

[Original Title: Child Account]

:)

binghamrd, May 1, 2020
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Screen Time setting not working for my child

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, May 1, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, May 1, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Set Time in Child Account - Similar Threads - Set Child Account

2. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  3. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  4. Set Child's Time Zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Child's Time Zone: We have parental controls set up with the only restriction that our son's PC not be used at night. However, it seems that our son can and may have set his Microsoft Account time zone so that the restricted time is moved to the morning rather than the night....
  5. Set Child's Time Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Child's Time Zone: We have parental controls set up with the only restriction that our son's PC not be used at night. However, it seems that our son can and may have set his Microsoft Account time zone so that the restricted time is moved to the morning rather than the night....
  6. Mom's account is set to child

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mom's account is set to child: Hey y'all. My mom's windows account is set to child. Her ex husband is set as the adult of the organization and set her to child because he apparently is a big one. How can she go about changing her account back? submitted by /u/TrebleBass0528 [link] [comments]...
  7. Child account has screen time but the child can't login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account has screen time but the child can't login: I've had this problem for about a year now. I go into device limits and give him 4 hours to use. He tries repeatedly to log in and when he can't he starts sending me requests. If I give him time through the requests it doesn't give me an option to add 4 hours. His brother...
  8. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...
  9. account of the admin and that of the child different times for the time of sleep and not...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    account of the admin and that of the child different times for the time of sleep and not...: Buna seara, Vreau sa setez pe contul de admin si pe cel al copilului timpi diferiti pentru momentul intrarii in repaus sleep si nu merge. setez timpii pe un cont si sunt la fel pe toate conturile. ce pot sa fac? {Mod Edit: Translation: Good evening, I want to set the...
  10. Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account?

Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account?: Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account: like from 7:10AM to 20:45PM? May be some command line tools instead of web page, which allows to set time in 30 minutes increment only....