Windows 10: set time via DHCP

Discus and support set time via DHCP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, we have 1000+ non-domain joined laptops and need to set the time based on location. The laptops move between different timezones frequently and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bilbo007, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Bilbo007 Win User

set time via DHCP

Hello, we have 1000+ non-domain joined laptops and need to set the time based on location. The laptops move between different timezones frequently and need to have the correct time based on location. Setting time automatically won't work since their internet connection could potentially terminate in a different timezone.

Has anyone successfully set a Windows 10 non-domain joined laptop time or timezone via DHCP? Either Option 2, or 100/101 or any others?

Thanks,

:)

Bilbo007, Jan 14, 2020

2. Lag boot time DHCP

Changing the adapter settings involve changing the IP and subnet mask; therefore I checked my router DHCP information and tried the suggestions from this page. Unfortunately when manually entering IP & subnet mask information, rather then let Windows do it automatically, the network ceases to work ?

I can't seem to resolve the problem with DHCP when the laptop boots, without disconnecting the network connection.

JerometheGiraff, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 14, 2020
  4. set time via DHCP

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

set time via DHCP

1. set time via DHCP - Similar Threads - set via DHCP

2. Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots: I've had a problem with my Internet connection for a long time at least since January 15, 2023 and since I'm really fed up, I'm asking for help on this forum. When I share a connection between my Android phone and the computer, I manage to connect but the Internet only lasts...
  3. Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots: I've had a problem with my Internet connection for a long time at least since January 15, 2023 and since I'm really fed up, I'm asking for help on this forum. When I share a connection between my Android phone and the computer, I manage to connect but the Internet only lasts...
  4. Problem with DHCP lease time on mobile hotspots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time: Hello, I've got a dhcp windows server 2012 r2 VM installed on windows server 2019 standard is not updated from 03-2018what should i do ?shall I installed all updates from 03-2018 or just installed the recent release updates?Thanks...
  6. dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dhcp services on VM NOT UPDATED for long time: Hello, I've got a dhcp windows server 2012 r2 VM installed on windows server 2019 standard is not updated from 03-2018what should i do ?shall I installed all updates from 03-2018 or just installed the recent release updates?Thanks...
  7. DHCP lease time

DHCP lease time: What is the best DHCP lease time ? I stick to the default setting which is 120 minutes. And what yours ? 177138
  8. dhcp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dhcp: what am i supposed to do? "dhcp lease expires july 5, 2019" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp/a345fed5-e602-4535-9e73-4eea0c79fb91
  9. DHCP

DHCP: The IP address lease 192.168.1.3 for the Network Card with network address 0xD89EF326F842 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). Need an explanation on this error...
  10. Lag boot time DHCP

Lag boot time DHCP: When booting my aging laptop there is a slow down due to this; [img] [img] [img] I was hoping someone can help me solve so to increase boot time ? 75961