Windows 10: "Set time zone automatically" not working

Discus and support "Set time zone automatically" not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.572 on my Samsung laptop. I set it to change time zone automatically, by right-clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaviPegolo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. "Set time zone automatically" not working

Hi. I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.572 on my Samsung laptop.

I set it to change time zone automatically, by right-clicking the clock at the tray, clicking "Adjust date/time" and then turning on "Set time zone automatically", but it never worked. By the way, "Set time automatically" is also turned on.

On the same screen, "Last successful time synchronization" shows today's date, some minutes ago. Seems no problem there.

Some more information: on the services console services.msc, "Auto Time Zone Updater" tzautoupdate shows startup type as "manual". When I open cmd as administrator and type "net start tzautoupdate" and hit enter, it says the service started sucessfully. If I then run "sc query tzautoupdate" it returns state 4 running. If I repeat this last command after some seconds, it returns state 1 stopped, with all the exit codes equal to zero.

Oh, by "it never worked" I mean nothing happens. I can set the timezone to whichever I want, and then turn on the automatic time zone update, restart the notebook, connect to a different wi fi network... there's no effect, the timezone I chose remains.

Any ideas?

:)

RaviPegolo, Nov 16, 2020

2. Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2020
  4. "Set time zone automatically" not working

"Set time zone automatically" does not work. Why and how to fix it?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

You can try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to Search. Type Data and Time. Open it.
    • Click on Internet Time tab.
    • Click on Change settings.
    • Check Synchronize with the Internet time server.
    • Click on update now.
    • Click Ok.
    Also, you can check the Date and Time settings.

• Go to Search and type Change Date and Time.
    • Click on it to open.
    • Make sure set time automatically is on.
    • Make sure set time zone automatically is on.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

"Set time zone automatically" not working

1. "Set time zone automatically" not working - Similar Threads - Set zone automatically

2. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  3. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  4. "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 on a shared work computer; recently the Microsoft Store failed to install an app, and this forum suggested that enabling "set time zone automatically" might resolve the issue. Initially the setting was greyed out, after enabling location services it...
  5. "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on

"Set time zone automatically" won't stay on: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 on a shared work computer; recently the Microsoft Store failed to install an app, and this forum suggested that enabling "set time zone automatically" might resolve the issue. Initially the setting was greyed out, after enabling location services it...
  6. "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day: I do not have a VPN installed.I am in CST Central Standard Time, however when I enable the "set time zone automatically" option, it sets the time to EST Eastern Standard Time. And if I leave the option enabled long enough, throughout the day it will keep swapping between EST...
  7. "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

"Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day: I do not have a VPN installed.I am in CST Central Standard Time, however when I enable the "set time zone automatically" option, it sets the time to EST Eastern Standard Time. And if I leave the option enabled long enough, throughout the day it will keep swapping between EST...
  8. Set time Zone automatically Missing completely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set time Zone automatically Missing completely?: Hello, Community, I was reaching out because I am experiencing a very unusual issue and have done a ton of research and can't seem to find a solution to this problem. The issue I am experiencing is that the Set time zone automatically feature is missing completely from an...
  9. Time zone not automatically setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone not automatically setting: I travel back and forth between Eastern and Central Times over the weekend and want my computer to correctly reflect my time zone automatically. Although, I have configured the time and time zone to set automatically in Windows Settings, the time zone remains unchanged when I...
  10. Set Time Zone Automatically no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Time Zone Automatically no longer working: I travel a lot and therefore love having Set Time Zone Automatically enabled so that I don't have to adjust for the time zone every time I land. On my most recent trip Windows 10 is doing something very odd. I flew from Arizona to California but my laptop insists it is now in...