Windows 10: Set Time Zone Doesn't Work

Discus and support Set Time Zone Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm currently on the west coast not east. Time zone is set to update automatically, but it doesn't work. I have tried most of the solutions on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmolKulkarni1, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Set Time Zone Doesn't Work

I'm currently on the west coast not east. Time zone is set to update automatically, but it doesn't work. I have tried most of the solutions on the internet. Can somebody help me with this issue?

:)

AmolKulkarni1, Mar 2, 2019

2. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Set Time Zone Doesn't Work

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to set time zone automatically. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and click on Time & language.

• Select Region and language and click on
      Additional date, time, & regional settings on the left pane.

• Now click on Date and Time (Set the time and date) and try changing the date and time from
      Date and Time tab.

• You can also click on Internet time tab, click on
      Change settings and try changing the server and click on
      Update now.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Set Time Zone Doesn't Work

1. Set Time Zone Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Set Zone Doesn't

2. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  3. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  4. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cannot set time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot set time zone: cannot set time zone on windows 10 every time I set it the computer keeps freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-time-zone/54af4485-201c-401d-b870-21d9f765a78e
  6. Time zone not automatically setting

Time zone not automatically setting: I travel back and forth between Eastern and Central Times over the weekend and want my computer to correctly reflect my time zone automatically. Although, I have configured the time and time zone to set automatically in Windows Settings, the time zone remains unchanged when I...
  7. auto time zone setting

auto time zone setting: automatic time zone adjustment not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-time-zone-setting/8870b85a-e037-4b9e-ae84-336a71a3fac3
  8. "Set time zone automatically" not working

"Set time zone automatically" not working: Hi. I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.572 on my Samsung laptop. I set it to change time zone automatically, by right-clicking the clock at the tray, clicking "Adjust date/time" and then turning on "Set time zone automatically", but it never worked. By the...
  9. Time Zone Setting is not retained

in Windows 10 Support
    Time Zone Setting is not retained: Windows 10 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363 I go to Control Panel, Date and Time, I change the Time Zone setting to Central America (I'm presently in Costa Rica), I click on Apply and the click on OK. The setting changes and the correct time appears in the lower right of the...
  10. Set Time Zone Automatically no longer working

Set Time Zone Automatically no longer working: I travel a lot and therefore love having Set Time Zone Automatically enabled so that I don't have to adjust for the time zone every time I land. On my most recent trip Windows 10 is doing something very odd. I flew from Arizona to California but my laptop insists it is now in...