Windows 10: Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong

Discus and support Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I used to be able to skip the log-in process on my Windows 10 machine but recently it started saying that my password is incorrect and refusing to skip... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by THX1138, Mar 16, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong

I used to be able to skip the log-in process on my Windows 10 machine but recently it started saying that my password is incorrect and refusing to skip the log-in. I then have to enter my PIN or password. I have confirmed that "users must enter a username and password to use this computer" is unchecked.

Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Mar 16, 2018
  2. KianTamar Win User

Microsoft account doesn't work

Nope, no issue on my computer that I'm using ms account to log into. But when I'm using a service like file-sharing or remote desktop that requires entering username and password then it simply doesn't work. It says wrong username or password!

Using a local account and local that account's username & password everything works fine. I can't access my shared files from another computer.

But when I switch my ms account and enter its username & password to access my files from another computer it says wrong username or password.

I'm not typing the wrong password. I've checked and rechecked it again and again. I just can't fathom what could the reason be.

Please don't reply with a link to instruction on file sharing or something like that.

KianTamar, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Motordom Win User
    How Do I Reset WI-FI Data On My HTC HD7

Pretty Much I Logged Onto My School's WI-FI Network On My HTC HD7 Using My Friends Username And Password (we have to enter username and password to connect) And It Worked and Saved His username and password on my phone for my schools wifi network. then,
    while still connected i tried changing to my username and password by going into settings for that network and i misspelt my password, so now i cannot connect to the network because i need to provide my username and password but the phone is using the username
    and password in its memory too try to log in (they are wrong) and i cant change the settings without logging in first (which i cannot do) so...does anyone know how to reset/wipe wifi settings from my phone so that i can enter my username and password? (delete
    all saved wifi settings/passwords etc off my phone)

Motordom, Mar 16, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Change account to local account with password. Then change it back to MS account with new password (do not set pin - not sure if it remembers old pin as I never use one).

This usually sorts this issue.

cereberus, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong - Similar Threads - Set skip username

2. Whenever I Write Down My Username On The Sign-In screen It Says Wrong Username/Password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Whenever I Write Down My Username On The Sign-In screen It Says Wrong Username/Password.: The Problem Is Present On The Administrator Account None Of The Other Accounts Have This Problem.I'm Unable To Change It Back To The List On The Right-Bottom Of The Screen Which Worked Since It is Only Possible With Original-Administrator Account.And User-Names Can Be Seen If...
  3. Whenever I Write Down My Username On The Sign-In screen It Says Wrong Username/Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I Write Down My Username On The Sign-In screen It Says Wrong Username/Password.: The Problem Is Present On The Administrator Account None Of The Other Accounts Have This Problem.I'm Unable To Change It Back To The List On The Right-Bottom Of The Screen Which Worked Since It is Only Possible With Original-Administrator Account.And User-Names Can Be Seen If...
  4. Whenever I Write Down My Username On The Sign-In screen It Says Wrong Username/Password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cant log in. Says password wrong but it's not. No option to change it. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in. Says password wrong but it's not. No option to change it. Help!: Hi, I'm stuck with my new pc. I set it up initially and was fine then the screen locked and I now can't log back in. It doesn't give me any other sign in options or an option to change password. I have tried resetting the whole thing. Didn't work. I have tried changing...
  6. Cant log in. Says password wrong but it's not. No option to change it. Help!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in. Says password wrong but it's not. No option to change it. Help!: Hi, I'm stuck with my new pc. I set it up initially and was fine then the screen locked and I now can't log back in. It doesn't give me any other sign in options or an option to change password. I have tried resetting the whole thing. Didn't work. I have tried changing...
  7. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  8. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  9. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d
  10. insists on a password and says it is wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    insists on a password and says it is wrong: Similar sort of problem, tried to set up No Passwords but it insists on a password and says it is wrong (but it isn't). Then I can get into another "me" but only with a PIN. I cannot delete the first "me" or get into it but in Users only one"me" appears. There is no built in...